eight.

deadly games❝the L shaped building❞

deadly games
the L shaped building

"I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU MADE THAT." you told Chishiya, who was testing his taser once again.

"Not everyone can." he replied focusing on the device.

Your day started with Kuina as usual. You two were chatting in her room, when Chishiya suddenly came in. He seemed to be in a good mood today. You hoped that the conversation from last night would make a progress between the two of you.
The reason why Chishiya came into Kuina's room was that the lightning was better. At least that's what he said. He needed natural light for his last adjustments at his taser.
You had no idea how he even thought about making that thing, but you let him be.

"We're not 'everyone', we're your friends." Kuina said and you already knew that Chishiya will make some sort of dumb excuse only to contradict her.

"I wouldn't exactly use that term, but you're tolerable. Both of you." he said his attention still being on his taser. "I'm going to bring this thing for tonight's game."

"Why do you want to play when you have so many days left?" Kuina voiced your exact thoughts.

All three of you decided to play tonight. It was risky, since you could easily be sorted in the same group as them. You were starting to feel sick only at the thought of playing together in the same game.

There was no chance that Chishiya or Kuina would change their minds about playing, though. Kuina's visa will expire tomorrow and Chishiya already made up his mind on the subject.

"Out of boredom, I guess." he answered.

"You won't be so bored if you find yourself in a Hearts game." your words made him give you a short blank look. "What if we're being sorted in the same group?" you finally asked the question that's been bothering you the entire day.

"Don't think like that!" Kuina scolded you.

"There's nothing we can do. If that happens, we'll try to survive. No matter what it takes." Chishiya simply said, like it was nothing.

Deep down, Chishiya was a little afraid. He couldn't even acknowledge the little emotion that kept bothering him. Your company and Kuina's became enjoyable to him. He wouldn't exactly call the two of you his friends, only because he didn't know the true meaning of that. The blonde was also bad at apologizing, that's why he brought you that book last night. You appreciated the little gift, even if you already knew what the book was about. It wouldn't be the first time re-reading Jane Eyre, anyway.

"I guess you're right." you fed his ego again by agreeing with him.

"So, have you started reading the book yet?" Chishiya asked unexpectedly.