/Be Gentle/ Donna Beneviento X Reader

TW/CW: Insecurities (nothings major just typical Donna stuff) and fluff

Y/n pov
I was working in the garden, planting the new roses I had received from the Duke on my Lord's resquest. Angie was sitting on the stairs of the deck watching me as to not get her dress dirty with grass or dirt.

Out of the blue Angie broke the comfortable silence, "Y/n have you ever like liked someone?" This took me off guard slightly but I just chuckled and replied honestly, "Yes I have liked someone." She hummed at my response, "What were they like?" I thought for a moment about my past love remembering our time together. "They were pretty...funny...they were strong too, they had this awesome sense of style and they understood me more than anyone else." I smile slightly at the thought of them. Angie speaks again, "Wow they sound perfect! So why'd you two break up then?" I pause for a second replaying the break up in my head before replying a minute later, "Well they were looking for something different from me, they wanted to settle down and have kids and I didn't...I wasn't ready for that level of commitment yet but I think I'd be ready for it now if I met someone." Angie didn't say anything more instead she just got up and went inside.

A half hour later and I was done. I went to knock on my Lord's door to tell her I was finished so would be heading home as it was evening now however when I informed my lord of this she insisted I stay for dinner. I tried refusing although that didn't work and angie ended up pushing me through the door.

Dinner was interesting as angie appeared to be eating as well which I didn't know dolls could do. To be fair I'd never seen a doll talk until I had met her either so is believing she can eat really out of the relem of possibilities. Apart from angie talking occasionally it was mostly silent but not the uncomfortable type the kind where you feel secure which was weird as while I had known my lord and angie for 4 years now I rarely had full conversations with my lord. However in this time I must admit I had fallen for her greatly.

It was a few months later and I'd been spending more and more time with my lord. She insists I call her donna and that I have dinner with her at least once a week. I have grown quite fond of the time we share together and I find myself counting down the days til our next shared meal.

I was tending to the green house at the end of the back garden when I am interrupted by a light hand on my shoulder. I turn to meet Donna with a smile when I notice she has her vail still on,"Donna, your going to die from lack oxygen in here if you don't take that vail off or worse you'll get heat stroke and be bound to a bed for a week ether way I'll be unable to talk to my favorite doll maker and then I'd be sad as talking to you is my favourite part of the day...dont tell angie I said that or else I'll have a small doll yelling at me for not saying she's my favourite part of the day." she let's out a small chuckle but her tone afterwards is serious,"I haven't taken my vail off infront of anyone but angie and the Dimitrescu's since what happened sith mother miranda."

My eyes widen and I'm quick to apologise, "I'm so sorry My lord I didn't mean to offend you or make you uncomfortable you don't have to take it off but-" I'm cut off before I can ramble any further, "No that's not what I ment, I wanted to say I finally feel comfortable enough to take it off infront of another person, that being you. You've helped me so much for the past 4 years I don't know what I would have done without you and I've relished our time together over the past few months." with that she brings her hands up to remove her vail as she does all I can do is state at the beauty infront of me, we stand in silence for what felt like days as I just take in sight of the most pretty women I've ever seen but as I snap out of my trance I notice her trembling, eye watering as she dips her head whispering, "You think I'm hideous and that you never want to talk to me again don't you? I'll just go."

I'm shocked by what she says and grab her wrist as she turns to leave, "I assure you I wish to continue talking with you. You're the prettiest woman I've ever had the pleasure to lay eyes on. I would never stop talking to you even if you weren't one of the natural beauties of the universe because you are an amazing and caring person who I love with my whole heart." It's Donna's turn now to be surprised and I join her as she slaps me square in the face, "Don't say things like that!" I'm stunned at what's happening. What did I say wrong? "All I said is that your pretty, I'm sorry if I over stepped my boundaries."

She shakes her head and goes to slap me again but I catch her arm this time frowning at her anger expression, "Don't play dumb, you said you loved me. Did nobody ever tell you it's cruel to play with people feelings y/n?" I stand there in disbelief for a second before sassing her back, "Didn't anyone teach you it was rude to invalid people's emotions? I have loved you since I first saw you and the past months have onlu solidified my emotions so don't dictate my emotions to me." I've never had an argument while confessing feelings for someone before but hey I guess there's a first for everything.

She pouts which might I say is screw all puppies and kittens cause thats the now the most adorable thing in the world,"You actually have feelings for me? Your not lying? Did angie put you up to this? If this is a prank it's not funny." After a few more attempts at slapping me I finally am able to calm her down enough to listen to me and understand that my feelings are sincere. What's with Donna and trying to slap me? I didn't know she would be so violent.

We stare at each other for a few moments before I break the silence, "May I please kiss you my lord?" she groans "How many times must I tell you to call me Donna, I let go earlier since we were fighting and it was funny seeing you so flustered but if we're going to actually be in relationship when I can't have my s/o calling me by my lord all the time or else people will think I've forced you into it. Yes you may kiss me just be gentle please." I smirk as we both lean in,"Yes, my lord." I quickly close the space between us before she can say anymore as my lips lighting dance over hers.