I Swear I'll Swear

Warning: Sorta Smut....again

Keith was just reading his book under his favorite tree. All peace and quiet and literature. He was just a poor boy from a poor family with nothing to do but wait for his friend. Best friend. Boyfriend.

Lance came running to him, wearing his expensive white collar shirt and navy blue pants, beautiful compared to Keith's worn out and dirty outfit. The 13 year smiled widely,"Keith!" He practically leaped on his, and almost knocked the wind out of him. He snuggled into his neck and Keith breathed in his sweet salty smell of the ocean. "What are you reading?" Keith showed him the title,"Macbeth, by Shakespeare." Lance grinned,"Oh yes, I hear he's currently writing another play. I'm excited for it." Keith smiled as Lance read the words along with him. But his words were sorta quiet. "Darling." He said. Darling was their little word. It meant they wanted a kiss or a hug or something. Keith chuckled and leaned down pressing his lips to Lance. But he couldn't help but notice the shiver and tremble. But when they pulled away Lance was beaming at him. He cuddled in close to him again then whispered almost too quietly,"Do you love me?" Keith's face went up in flames,"Lance?" Lance giggled slightly, but not really,"Do you love me?" Keith mumbled quietly,"Of course I do." Lance hid his face in the crook of his neck and started trembling violently.  "K-Keith, I have to go." Keith's eyes widened feeling the hot tears on his shirt,"What do you mean?" 

"Father is having me go to a boarding school till I'm 16, we won't see each other for 3 years. I just found out and ran to you as fast as i could to tell you. I'm leaving tonight. Right now." Keith remained silent for a while, the tears slipping out. Lance looked up, eyes red and puffy," But I will see you again. I will. I'll make sure of it. " Keith looked up at him, nervous and timid,"You know, I promised I'd marry you, can we still-?" Lance cut him off, "I swear I'll swear in front of my whole family and friends that you, the person in front of me, are truly the one." Keith couldn't hold back the passion and kissed him harshly, each scrambling and clutching each other tightly. they pulled away and Lance got up and started to leave,"I swear it Keith!"

Lance was gone

Just like that.

Hours passed and Keith was numb under the tree. His friend, Pidge came by. "Keith, your called at your home. There's the royal guards." He walked home, sulking the entire way thinking of Lance and his precious smile and how he would never see it again for 3 years.. or more. 

There were indeed royal guards at his house, his mother Krolia nervous and shaking slightly. "Keith." He furrowed his eyebrows,"What is it." The guard in front spoke first, he was the highest rank and had a scar over his nose and a buzz cut with pitch black hair,"Keith Kogane, one of our soldiers passed by and saw you training with a knife. It was remarkable for someone your age, my level. And I'm twenty years old, taking years to master the art of martial arts. WE need someone like you to enter the Blade of Marmora, our trusted royal army. Please, accept out position." He pleaded him with his eyes, begging him to join this army. Keith sighed,"I-I don't-"

"Keith Kogane, I beg of you, please." It was a different voice, an older one. The guards got down on their knees and bowed their heads, showing King Alfor of Altea. King Alfor coughed slightly , concerning everyone,  and the guard with the scar came to his side. "We don't have many people like you in this world. You could make a difference."

Keith wasn't interested. He didn't care about anything in the world except Lance. But...the army travels around the world. Maybe, just maybe, could he see Lance or just a glimpse during his travels. And if he was successful, he could make money for his single mother. Keith clenched his fists,"I accept." King Alfor sighed in relief. Krolia sobbed, Keith didn't really know why. He felt nothing.

He was taken away and trained hard, working up the ranks for 3 years. He became general and a few days after his promotion, King Alfor, a true teacher and friend, passed away. Shirogane, the guard with the scar became King Shirogane. He preferred Shiro if you were his friend though.