Prologue

"Perhaps if the stars align for both of us, we can try to mend our broken hearts."

"Why her?" was all Harry could think of as his and Mayari's parents announced their arranged marriage. "Why not Hanan? I mean, Hanan and I are dating, so it would make sense if I were to marry her."

Mayari remains silent, staring down and fidgeting with her fingers. His words ripped deep into her heart, like blades stabbing her heart several times, bleeding till she couldn't breathe.

She remained silent when they made the announcement; she was obviously taken aback by the unexpected arrangement, but she couldn't bring herself to say anything. She's always had a crush on him, but she keeps it to herself even though her friends and sister Celine are aware of it.

"Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against May, but I want Hanan, not May," Harry admits, breaking Mayari's heart even more; it was always like this whenever she saw Harry and Hannan together. "Please, mum and dad, let me have that arranged marriage with Hanan."

"I'm sorry, Harry, but this was already planned," James stated. "Besides, we believe you and May are a perfect match. Get to know each other, and who knows, you two might fall in love without even realizing it."

"Fine," Harry replied. "I don't have a choice anyway." His gaze was drawn to May, whose gaze is still fixed on the ground.

"You're getting married when you turn twenty," Lily declared.

"Twenty?" Harry inquires. "But that's too early!"

"This is what we plan to do, Harry," James explained. "Don't worry, we won't put any pressure on you to give us grandchildren."

Harry sighed and motioned for them to go with the plan; he was listening so intently that each phrase made him despised this arrangement even more. May, on the other hand, remained silent and absorbed all of the information they shared.

Their stay at Hogwarts is not much fun, especially since they are the Head girl and Head boy, which means they have to share a dorm with only one bed because their parents claim they are dating, which is why the school allows them to have only one bed.

They shared a bed with a space between them. There was no cuddling throughout that year because they weren't even dating, and he treated her as a friend rather than her future wife.

May could only watch them and endure her aching heart as Harry chased Hanan. May would cry in front of her friends, wondering why she couldn't be like her sister in order for Harry to love her.

There were times when Harry would refuse to sleep in their dorm and instead go to the Gryffindor common room to talk to Hanan, telling her that he still loves her and begging her to take him away from this.

Even when they married, he wasn't happy throughout the ceremony and pretended to be, and May could see in his eyes that he didn't want to do it and was forced to. His gaze remains fixed on Hanan as he exchanges vows with May.

May was aware of it, but she kept her mouth shut; it hurts, but she can't do anything about it. Because his heart will always belong to Hanan, even though he is now married to May.

They were on their honeymoon, but they didn't touch each other, and they slept in the same room with two beds as it was a resort. They enjoy the resort, but May feels Harry is only pretending to enjoy himself, while she knows deep down that he wishes he was doing this to Hanan rather than May.

May could only wish that Harry would learn to love her, that he would be happy with her and no longer be in love with her sister.

Someday, she hopes the universe will favor her, and that Harry will see her as May rather than Hanan.

She wishes in the stars that the someday she has always desired would come true, but perhaps it will be too late when that day arrives.

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

End of Prologue. 

a/n: Sorry for any grammatical errors and misspelled words, happy reading :) 

I'm excited for this as I really love pain <3