Sad Epilogue

there's a sad epilogue and there is a happy epilogue.

15 years later-

"Are you ready kids?" I asked, yelling from downstairs.

"Yeah! Coming!" Grey and Violet replied coming downstairs.

"Where's dad?" Vi asked, taking a banana from the counter.

I feel an arm around my waist and I look up.

"Oh, there he is," I said and my husband A-aaron, I mean Aaron kissed my lips.

"Ew, stop that. It's gross." Grey says covering his eyes.

I laughed.

I never thought I'd meet someone like Kaiden. No matter what I'll always love him.

I met Aaron when I was 17. I was dealing with trauma, feelings that I wasn't quite familiar with. So like every teenage girl whose adoptive parents went to jail and the love of their life died, I snuck into the backyard of a rich person's house. Their flowers were dying and I wanted to water them.

Aaron caught me and I accidentally trauma-dumped to him. But he was nice, didn't even call the cops.

He was always there for me and as much as I tried to stay away, not wanting to love another person. I fell in love with him.

I felt selfish and like I was the worse person alive. But mom (Ms. Mckay) said that Kaiden would want me to move on.

He'd want me to be happy and I agree with that.

If Kaiden was alive right now, he'd probably be very jealous and threaten to beat Aaron up. But he's not and he would want someone to be there for me.

I know he's up there looking down on me.

There's nothing I wouldn't do for Kaiden Nightingale.

"You okay?" My husband asked me, tilting my chin upwards.

"I'm fine. It's just today." I said softly.

"I know today's hard for you baby, but Kaiden wouldn't want you to be sad for the rest of your life would he?" He told me, smiling at me.

I mean maybe. Shawty was always the possessive type.

"You're right," I said and he grabbed my hand pulling me into the car.

We drove to the cemetery and I got out of the car.

I walked to the grave and placed a lilac on his gravestone. I knelt as tears fell from my eyes.

"God Kaiden, I can't believe you're 33 today. You didn't deserve to die, nonetheless on your fucking birthday. I miss you so much. I couldn't sleep for weeks because I thought it was my fault you died. If only my parents didn't poison me. You will always be one of my favorite people in the world. You are the reason why life got good for me Kaid. I can't live with myself knowing that there is nothing I could do to repay you for everything you've done for me. But you'd probably be angry at me if I off myself right? I won't ever forget your sunshine. I will always remember you Kaiden. I can't wait to see you again, I have so much to talk to you about." I sobbed and felt a hand on my shoulder.

I look up with my watery eyes and see Raphael.

"Hey, Li." He said, smiling softly.

"Raphi," I whispered and got up, hugging him tightly.

"It's been 15 years Raph. Why does it still hurt so much?" I asked him.

"Lilac, Kaiden was one of the most truest friends a person can have. The pain won't leave because Kaiden won't leave our side. He loves us too much." He told me.

The pain is Kaiden and he's by our side. He's not leaving us.

"You're right. Did you get to talk to Kaiden? I can leave if you want." I told her.

"I already did before you." He replied.

"Good," I said and saw my kids run to me.

"MOM YOU DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT GREY DID! I TOLD HIM ABOUT MY CRUSH AT SCHOOL AND HE PUNCHED HIM IN THE FACE! BUT IT GETS WORSE! DAD CONGRATULATED HIM FOR BEATING CONNOR UP!" Vi yelled to me.

"Oh hey, Mr. Kaiden. Happy birthday." Violet said to Kaid's grave.

"I DID YOU A FAVOR! HE HAS A FUCKING STD! HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN THAT TO MOM, SHE WOULD HAVE A HEART ATTACK AND BE AS DEAD AS KAIDEN! Shit sorry Mr. Kaiden from the stories mom tells me you were a cool guy, sorry for your death." Grey apologized.

"Let's go guys. Kaiden needs his rest." Raphael said and I was holding back from saying something offensive.

"Yeah, it's not like he's been resting for 15 years," Grey said and I rolled my eyes.

"Grey you're grounded," I told him and he was sad.

"I think it's time to go," Aaron said and we walked away.

Dear Kaiden,

Thank you.

Thank you for saving me. I don't know who I'd be without you.

But I am sorry. Sorry that I couldn't save you.

Love, Lilac.