𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝙱𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙴: 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚝𝙱𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙴: 𝚠𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛

𝙱𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙴: 𝚠𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛

The two texts remain unread and unanswered. Billie figured he had fallen asleep the night before, but the following two days are followed by a familiar silence. Except, now she's unsure where exactly she went wrong this time. It takes a full day to travel to their next stop on the tour, and the singer tries to remain unbothered by his lack of a reply on their first full day in New York.

She's got bigger things to worry about, anyways. Though this is only their third stop, girlcrush is expected to meet with the rest of their team to decide what to do about the upcoming end to their record deal. Grand Motel's label had been dropping hints of signing them if all goes well on this tour, which is more than any of them could imagine.

She can't blow this opportunity for them.

The tour's schedule budgeted three nights in the city, which Billie is somewhat thankful for. One was for rest when they arrived. Tonight and the following evening were double booked for shows. Taking into account that the city is huge and both bands have large fan bases out here, it makes sense that they're spending an extra day.

At least she'll be somewhere familiar for a little while. Being away from New York makes her feel somewhat out of place, and perhaps being back here will make her think straight. If anything, maybe she can remember the annoyance and dismissiveness she felt for Ezra before this tour began.

As the girls finally make it to their agency's office, Billie is thankful for the opportunity to focus solely on the band and their future. So much of her time had been devoted to appeasing Grand Motel and their team that it almost felt as if girlcrush was getting lost in the background.

Of course the tour isn't about them, but it feels good to know that they still have a purpose being there. They are an up and coming group, after all, which means that this tour would be the jumping off point for their next album and a tour of their own.

As everyone takes a seat across from a few members of their team and Monica, Billie feels as if something is off. Usually when they had meetings the air was filled with excitement and urgency, but it almost feels restrained today. By the soured look on Monica's face, she knows good news is not coming.

"Morning girls," Monica states perfunctorily before skimming through her papers. "You should all remember Lucy."

The girls nod and offer their hello's to one of Mad Sounds' executives. This, of course, is the label that manages Grand Motel. Though they had only met briefly during the rooftop party a few weeks back, it was hard to forget her interest in signing girlcrush.

Although it's impossible, part of Billie almost worries that everyone knows what she and Ezra had done in her dressing room, and that's why they're all here. Though Ezra has a big mouth, she knows him well enough to believe he wouldn't say anything to anyone if it meant ruining his chances of getting in her pants.