Part 8

Tony, Steve, Sam and Natasha arrive back at the compound very early the next morning and went straight to bed not wanting to wake you up. Bucky wakes up and remembered that he fell asleep on the sofa you have in your room as he wanted to make sure you were okay from yesterday. Plus he didn't want you dying on his watch. He quietly walked up to your bed to see that you were still breathing but sleeping. He walked out of the room and slowly closed the door to not make a sound and walked off to his room and collapsed on his bed falling back asleep.
You wake up later in the afternoon as Bucky wouldn't let anyone wake you up since you needed the rest. You slowly and painfully get out of bed as the morphine had worn off. You struggle to change out of your clothes but manage to put on an over sized t-shirt and sweatpants. You walk down the stairs and head back to the lab for another dose of morphine when you realize that everyone was back.
"Good morning Sunshine." Natasha says from the kitchen doorway.
"Oh hey. Didn't realize you were back." You say and turn around trying not to show any pain.
"Are you okay?" She asks as Bucky walks in from the elevator.
"Yea I'm fine. Just a little sore from training last night." You say and show a slight smile and walk off towards the lab. You open the door to lab and see that it's empty, which is what you were hoping for. You fill the needle with a little less morphine as you didn't want to fall asleep again and inject it into your arm. As you finish up the door opens startling you.
"Oh, it's just you." You say as you see Bucky walk in and clean up everything.
"Why didn't you tell Nat what happened?" He asks and closes the door behind him.
"I don't want them to worry. Plus I'm fine." You quickly add.
"You aren't okay y/n."
"Please. Your just worried that if I tell everyone what happen the will be mad at you. Isn't that why you stayed with me last night?" You look up at Bucky who doesn't answer. "Yea... figured." You say and walk past him to open the door.
"I really am sorry y/n. I didn't mean to hurt you." Bucky says with his back towards you. Without another word you walk out.
"Hey Tony. How was the mission?" You say as you walk into him in the hallway.
"Hey. It was a little bumpy at the start but was successful in the end. How was your time here with Bucky? I hope you two didn't get into trouble." He says with a serious face.
"It was fine. Annoying but fine." You say with a smile. Tony pats you on the back as you try very hard from screaming in pain. Tony walks off and you let out a sigh of relief and head back to your room to lay down.