Promise

"Ah! Aren't you that girl who kicked my head last night?"

Tanjiro says when he finally notices Kanao presence beside me, it took him a while. Was he always an airhead character like this?

You know, a lot of things are different from the manga, I am getting quite worried.

Different from the original plot, Kanao is coming with us inside the mansion, and also, Tanjiro did recognize her for bashing his head at the forest, which he didn't at the manga.

Kanao did not respond to his question and only smiled blankly at him, he sweat-dropped in response.

…. I feel kinda bad now, I remember that in the manga, their first meeting was at the garden with Kanao standing there with a bunch of butterflies around her, and the way that he looked at her in awe was adorable too, but now he just recognized her as “the girl who broke his jaw”.

He doesn't look like he holds a grudge or anything, so I suppose it will all work out.

…what's with that déjà vu feeling? I think something similar happened with Zenitsu.

"I HAVE TO DRINK THIS FIVE TIMES A DAY?!"

This scream…Zenitsu! So he's okay!

I ran to the room where the screams came from, quickly opening the Shoji door.

"Zenitsu!"

"Angel!"

He exclaims from his bed, quickly forgetting about his melting down because of the medicine.

"I'm so glad you are okay!"

I tackled him into a hug, almost making him fall of the bed with the impact, he wrap his arms around my neck and nuzzle his cheek against mine.

"WAAAH! ANGEL PLEASE LISTEN! A STINKY SPIDER BIT ME AND THE POISON REALLY HURT!"

"I'M SO SORRY FOR LEAVING YOU ALONE! I'M SO HAPPY YOU ARE FINE!" Y/N screams back, also nuzzling against his cheek while crying.

"I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER SEE YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE AGAIN!"

"I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE OKAY! I'M REALLY GLAD-"

Everyone in the room sweat-dropped at the two crying at each other.

Tanjiro was actually dumbfounded, since he was used to seeing you in your always calm, and maybe kinda of air headed behavior, so seeing you matching Zenitsu chaotic energy was quite the surprise.

He quickly recuperates from his surprise and asks :

"What about Inosuke? Have you seen Murata?"

"I don't know who Murata is, but Inosuke is right there." He calmly responded with his cheek still pressed against Y/N face.

"Inosuke! How are feeling? Are you all right? Why are you crumpled there, are you sleeping?"

Y/N starts bombarding him with questions as she notices him in the bed, quickly letting go of Zenitsu to go in his direction instead, much to the blonde's dismay.

"Inosuke! I'm so glad you are okay! Sorry I couldn't help you!"

"That's okay, don't worry about it."

Damn, his voice sounds awful.

"Apparently, his throat got crushed."

"Whaaaat?!"

"I don't know the details, but his neck was severely injured, at the end he let out a really loud cry, so his throat is in a really bad shape." Zenitsu explain, cleaning the snot coming out of his nose.

"He hurt himself?!"

"I think he's depressed, he's totally mellow, which is really funny, ke he he."

"Why are you laughing like a weirdo? What happened?"

Creepy laugh aside, Zenitsu looks so cute right now with his oversized sleeves.

…everyone really is fine.

I didn't make any bad changes in the plot! They are all okay! I'm so happy! Is it really okay for me to feel this peaceful?

… I'm feeling really drowsy all of a sudden…

Y/N suddenly falls, Aoi holds her from behind before she hits the ground.

"Y/N?! Are you okay?!"

"She's fine, her adrenaline must have wore off."

"Eh?"

"She suffered some pretty bad internal injuries, it's quite a surprise that she managed to stand in her feet for so long, she was really stubborn about seeing you and the others, I don't even know how she managed to convince Kanao to take her to the hashira trial." She says, pointing to the girl who was standing at the door, Tanjiro felt a bit bad for forgetting she was here for a moment.

"Kanao, could you take her to her room?"

Kanao just give a small nod as she carries Y/N princess style with ease, however, when the girl tries to leave the room she stopped.

Y/N had grabbed Tanjiro arm.

Aoi checks her face, she definitely is asleep.

Even though she's asleep, Aoi couldn't pry off her hand from Tanjiro arm at all.

"Geez, she's stubborn even when she's asleep!"

They tried to make her let go for a while without success, at some point they just gave up and put her in the same bed with Tanjiro.

"She's really clingy, huh?"

"Ahaha." Tanjiro awkwardly laughs with his hand on the back of his neck, Y/N was still asleep beside him on the bed.

"He's pretending to be troubled, but I can hear his happy sounds, this cretin." Zenitsu mumbles with a pout from his bed.

"We are going to bring another bed for her, you better not try to do anything funny!"

Aoi says accusingly pointing her finger at the boy, Kanao was also there looking at him with a passive-aggressive smile.

He sweat-dropped as they left the room, glaring at him.

Tanjiro then looks at the girl peacefully snoring by his side.

Everything is fine again. Finally.

He would probably never forget the image of her body being mangled by the threads, or the way that even when she was so close to death, her hand was still trying to reach him.

The fact that he couldn't get her hand at that time, all because of his own weakness would probably haunt him for a long time.

"Next time, I will definitely reach your hand. Don't worry."

The girl was unconscious, so she never got to hear the promise that he made to her.