Complaining about being single to your cold roommate - Changbin

"Hey Minji, are you free? We should hang out since we get a break this week," you spoke over the phone with one of your friends.

"Today? Sorry y/n, I can't. I already have plans."

"You too? I've asked almost everyone at this point! Seohyun, Chaewon, Yeona-all of them said they were busy!! Let me guess, it's because you're going to be with Chan, isn't it?"

"...yeah."

Her voice held sympathy, knowing why each girl wasn't available the moment she heard the question.

"Why can't I have as perfect of a relationship you guys have? Stupid single ass of mine..." you mumbled the last part quietly so she wouldn't hear your whines.

"I'm sorry, I promise we can go somewhere together next time though! Pinky promise!!"

You exhaled, mood draining from your already dullen state. "No, no. You shouldn't be apologizing. It's my problem if I don't have a boyfriend. You shouldn't be sparing me all your time just because I'm bored or want to have fun. I'll figure something out, maybe even try to find someone if I get that desperate."

"Alright, best of luck then! Talk to you later."

"Okay, bye."

You threw yourself back onto the couch, groaning. Now what? Surely you aren't going to stay cooped up in your dorm for the rest of the day. Unless, you felt like being lazy, but you weren't so you needed to do something.

As you were laying rather messily on the living room furniture, slouched down with your limbs sprawled out in strange directions, a pair of eyes scan your figure seconds after walking down the stairs to the scene.

Your roommate stood there, observing you with confused brows. What he was looking at was a devastated girl, as if she had gone through a horrible break up merely seconds ago. A silence passed over and you knew he wasn't going to say anything, so you initiated the conservation first.

"If you're going to watch me, at least ask what's wrong."

"..."

"Changbinn, come on now! Don't act like you can't hear me," you lifted your head slightly to gaze at him.

He had given in, approaching you and occupying the empty seat at your side.

"Fine. What happened?"

Of course he had only spoken the bare minimum. That was naturally because of his closed-off attitude, which was a little problem when you first lived together, however now you had gotten used to it. Your understanding of him developed over time, and despite it not seeming like it, you were on good terms-you think.

"I'm single," you huffed out.

"And?" His voice screamed, 'what does that have to do with me?'.

You sat up straight and gave him a look at how helpful he was being.

"I have been single for the entirety of my life," you admitted. "Never once, have I gotten to experience any of the things couples do. It's unfair. My friends have boyfriends and girlfriends, so why can't I? I wish there was someone out there who actually cared for me, worried about me, adored me-loved me."

You haven't noticed how keen Changbin was to know more, so you quickly began to apologize for ranting about such a random topic he couldn't care less about. He of all people, showed affection the least. Why were you complaining to him?

"You feel deprived of love?" His tone sounded somewhat different than before, almost interested, yet not quite.

"Yeah..."