One.

Naomi's POV

I walked with a little pep in my step on my way to get my food that I called ahead for. It's a nice, chilly fall evening and it's Friday so it's time for me to relax.

I decided to try something new to eat tonight. It's a local restaurant in uptown that I decided to try. It's just Italian cuisine. I heard good things.

Walking towards the door I see a line extending beyond the door. It had made its way outside. I had a long day and I'm hungry but I understand. It's a popular spot so I'll wait. Plus I already ordered.

I stood behind a group of guys and pulled out my phone. Might as well occupy my time. I was standing there for a good two minutes before my phone got a message that my food was ready.

I'm very shy so I was definitely debating trying to pass these people. But then again....my food is ready and I'm ready to go home.

Who gone beat my ass for trying to get my food? I'll wait.

"Scuse me." I said trying to get by.

They didn't hear me and continued to talk. They were pretty tall, not gone lie so maybe I'm just too short for my voice to carry. Let's try again.

"Scuse me big dog." I said a little louder and stepped slightly closer. I got one of their attention which caused all of them to look down at me.

"My fault shortie." One of them said and moved.

I rolled my eyes. "You good." I said and was able to get in and get my food.

I was coming out and the same guy- why am I acting like I don't know who he is? The guy in my way was LaMelo Ball. Then the others were his teammates and LiAngelo.

"How you gone act like you don't know us?" Melo asked.

"I wasn't acting." I shrugged and continued walking until he grabbed the hood of my jacket. "Boy-" I turned around to face him.

"How you get your food so fast? We been waiting here for like fifteen minutes." He asked me.

"You ordered ahead, didn't you?" PJ asked.

"Sure did." I smirked. I literally told them to order ahead but noooo they didn't want to listen.

"See I knew we should've listened. But no your dumbass wanted to sit down and eat." PJ said to Melo.

"I didn't know they did takeout." He held his hands up.

"That's because you don't listen." I reached up and wiggled his ear.

"Look at you. Gotta stand on your tippy toes to touch my ear. Just short and awkward." He teased.

"Not you trynna play me. Bro you're like 70 feet tall. Cut it out. I'm average height for a girl."

"Mmmmm 5'5? It's giving childish shortie."

"Mmmmm and you're giving you like old-" I paused to clear my throat, refraining from poking fun at him about his older girlfriend. "Never mind. Imma head on out. Don't want my food to get cold."

"Wait so about-" Miles was about to say before I interrupted him.

"Just text me." I said because I'm really trynna get home. "Bye y'all." I waved and left them at the restaurant.

Well hello there. Some background on me. My name is Naomi, but everyone around here calls me shortie. They tried to turn Naomi into a nickname and I made it clear that wasn't happening. So....shortie was the outcome.