forty eight

~~~

~~~

that night the four Pogues could not sleep at all, they all packed whatever they could fit into their bags knowing they had to leave OBX. Caroline packed a few of Kie's stuff grabbing her bag while JJ took Pope's, Sarah's wound started aching so John B helped her over to the docks. Pope and Kiara arrived right on time as the four ran straight over to the HMS.

"finally. hey! guys, don't tie up. stop it!" JJ ran over as fast as he could.

"what?" Kie asked turning to her friends.

"we're dipping." JJ waved his finger.

"wait, why?" Pope asked looking at Caroline.

"what? what are you talking about?" Kie asked, Caroline jumped into the boat setting the bags down.

"where'd you guys go? what happened last night?" John B asked clutching onto his girlfriend.

"we slept on the break. what's up?" Pope asked.

"slept, right. yeah," JJ patted Pope's shoulder, "we were up all night."

"we gotta get the hell out of here." John B said setting his bag on the boat.

"Rafe knows we're here, so we have to leave, like, now." Sarah informed the couple.

"okay."

Caroline started up the boat once everyone was on driving straight to the other side of the marsh where none of them can be seen. once they got to their location she parked and the six got out going to a small fire pit where there was already crates and benches for them to sit on.

"look, if Rafe and Barry know, it's only a matter of time." Kiara told the Pogues.

"before everyone knows." Pope added.

"i told you. we should've just gone south, man. why does no one ever listen?" JJ argued, Caroline looked over at him running her fingers through her hair gripping her roots.

"just stop it." John B told the blonde, "i get it. i get it. i understand."

"i have an idea. with me back, my dad's going to have to choose between me and Rafe." Sarah spoke up, Caroline looked over at her shaking her head slightly.

"Sarah, Sarah-"

"he's gonna choose me. i can take Ace so she can talk to Rafe, he's a different person around her." Caroline looked at JJ who shook his head not liking the idea.

"just please listen. Ward keeps lying to you, Sarah." John B admitted to his girlfriend.

"Sarah, he won't agree after all that's happened." Kie said to her knowing Ward isn't gonna choose.

"Sarah you saw last night with Rafe. it didn't work, he's not safe, not even if i tell him something." Caroline spoke up earning shocked looks from Pope and Kiara.