Chapter 28: Scared.

"Oliver?" A voice called, making me groan

"Oliver?" A voice called, making me groan. "Oliver, wake up." I recognize thIs voice. Sophia.

I look up to her standing near Kayden's bed, "Dude, you gotta go home bro." She stated.

"I'm not leaving her." I squeezed Kayden's hand a little.

"How do I put this nicely?" She muttered, "ah fuck it, bro you stink," she stated, "you've been here for three days straight, did you even eat?" She asks.

I shake my head.

"Oliver," she sighed, exasperated, "dude, do you actually want Kayden to wake up and the first thing she smells and sees is her tired looking and smelling boyfriend?" She asked.

"Soph, I know we've been getting closer lately, but do you have to be so harsh?" I ask.

"I am harsh to the people I care about, now, Noah is going to take you home so you can shower and eat and maybe even take a nap okay?" I know this voice she isn't actually asking.

"I'm not leaving her." I state again.

"I knew you would say that," she left the room and exactly three seconds later, Noah and Blake walk in, I know where this is going and I don't like it one bit.

"No." I state.

"You don't really have a choice." Blake smirked as Noah disconnected Kayden's hand from mine, then grabbed both my arms as Blake grabbed both my legs.

"You are going home, you don't have a choice." Noah stated. He rarely gets into a serious mood, but when he does, you don't want to mess with him.

After they successfully dragged me out of the hospital and to Noah's car, they got in and Noah started driving.

"You have to shower, dude." Noah muttered.

We're all near the girls too much, we even started talking like them.

"I don't smell that bad." I stated.

"You do." Blake and Noah simultaneously stated.

"Fuck," I really don't want to be away from Kayden for too long.

"She'll be okay." Noah randomly said.

"It's been three days," I hang my head.

In all the three days she's been in the hospital, I couldn't help but think that if I'd have just persuaded her more to stay, or just not have told her I love her over the fucking phone, even though I mean it with my whole being, she would've been okay right now and not unconscious on a hospital bed.

"She'll be okay," they said again.

I let the silence wrap around us, I rather the silence over the empty promises.

"We're here," Noah spoke up, "shower, eat, take a nap even, I'll see you in an hour and a half."

"Hour and a half?" I exclaimed.

"Yes."

"No, No way." There is no way I'm going to be away from her for that long.

"Well, your car is not here right now, so I call the shots, out." Noah unlocked the car.

I got out, my car is still at my college, fucking hell.

"See you in an hour and a half." Blake called.

I pulled my middle finger in them.

I miss Kayden.

I walk up to my house, as I was walking in, I heard voices in the kitchen.

"Oliver?" My mom called.

"Yeah," I answered.

"How is she?" My mom asked as she appeared in front of me.

"Still unconscious." I answer.

My mom has known Kayden since we were kids, when Kayden would be persistent on coming with Noah over to my house to play. I miss her.

"Ollie?" I heard Lily, my twelve year old sister, ask.

Kayden calls me that.

"Oliver." She ran over to me and hugged me tight. I, of course, reciprocated.

"No offense, but you stink." She pulled away from me and took a few steps backwards.

"It's not that bad." I exclaimed.

"I didn't want to say anything, honey, but it is." My mom took a step backwards as well.

"Fine, I'll go shower, but can you take me back to the hospital after?" I ask, knowing I won't be able to last longer than a ten minute long shower without being by Kayden's side.

"Sure, sweetie, I'll also make you something to eat, okay?" She smiles softly at me.

I nod a little and walk up the stairs to the bathroom and took a short shower, then I brushed my teeth, after wrapping a towel around my waist. They were all right, I did stink.

I then, made the short walk to my room to change to a fresh set of clothes, I also grabbed an extra hoodie, just in case Kayden wakes up and she's cold or something.

I checked the time on my phone, ignoring the small pang in my heart when I saw the beautiful picture of Kayden looking back at me, it's been exactly fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes too long.

"Mom," I call, "can you take me?" I ask as I reached her.

"Sure honey," she placed a medium sized container in my hands, "Its pasta." She smiled. I love my mom.

"Thank you, mom." I place the container on the counter next to us and I wrap my arms around her.

The tears I was holding in are finally streaking down my face, "I'm scared." I whispered to my mom.

"From what honey?" She asks as she hugs me tightly in her arms.

"I'm scared to lose her," I admitted, "I'm so scared that she won't wake up, I just got her, I don't want to lose her." My voice grew thick and it cracked a couple of times.

"You won't lose her." My mom stated and pulled away a little so she can look at me.

"Mo-"

"You won't, I know Kayden, ever since she was little, that girl was as stubborn as they come, you won't lose her." My mom cupped my cheek, smiling softly at me. "Now let's get you back to her."

☏☏☏

Hey, hi, hello.

How are you?

Did you like this chapter?

Sorry I didn't update in a while, exams are kicking my ass.

But I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

QOTC☟︎

(From It Ends With Us by CoHo)

K, love you byeeee