Chapter Seventeen

Sam Lewis 💦

  ~Aerobics class~

"One two three! One two three! One two three!"our coach recited over and over while we continued to jog around the field.
This and other strenuous activities was what we had been to for the past two hours this morning.

  To say I was exhausted will just be putting it lightly. I felt like I had been run over by a car; I had to be looking at my legs and hands every now and then to assure myself they were there.

    Since it was a weekend, I had already made my plans like always, to have the day to myself, so I can do a little cleaning and laundry, prepare some soup to last me till the next day and then get my head buried in a book (courtesies of a not so nerdy nerd).

And guess who decided to step in and disrupt my well-structured plan?
      Freaking aerobics coach.

The man insisted that all occupants and I quote, of Gentility House were merely not looking fit to him. And so here we were, being dragged from the comfort of our beds to the wet field, to "exercise and build our muscles".

Nothing was even spiking my frustrations further than the random pains that shot from my abdomen.

  "Okay! Let's move on to our next activity guys. Weight lifting."

My thoughts came to an abrupt stop and so did I when the words left his mouth. What he say!

"You fucking kidding me,"I muttered helplessly.

"I knoww,"Samuel stopped beside me, panting heavily. "What's wrong with this man? We not robots!"

"Is he programmed or something?"I winced at the shooting pain in my abdomen again.

Samuel looked at me and snorted.

  "You must be very tired, buddy. You just sounded like a stressed little girl."

   "I know right."

I shook my head, shooting daggers at the coach through my glasses.

    "Get your arses up y'all! Weight lifting is the next activity!"

Whether we liked it or not.

   ~~~An hour or so later
      😑😓💫

Fall down like a stick.

      I collapsed butt flat to the ground when it was finally over.

Someone dropped beside me but with the headache and dizzying sensation that was currently sweeping over me, I didn't bother checking who.

My lower abdomen was literally on fire and the thought of having my menses at this point of my disguised life had me panicking.

What was I thinking? That I could cheat mother nature?

I sure knew it was gonna pose a serious threat to my disguise if I didn't take care and I was honestly dreading it's arrival.

Let me be honest, I actually prayed I'd miss it for like two months?
    And I thought God listened when on the due date which was somewhere last week, I didn't see my period.

   I shut my eyes tight as a cramp hit again,a whimper escaping my lips. Ugh,am I the only one who wished ladies didn't have to go through this?

Squeezing my thighs together, I looked down at the grey shorts I was in. I so pray I don't stain it...

  I felt a nudge on my shoulder."Hey boy, can you hear me? You okay?"