*•.¸♡𝙄 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙎𝙤♡¸.•*

CW: This is where shit goes down, buckle up.

Isla POV:

The ride back from NitNat's place was peaceful.

Whether it be from the wind in my hair, Or the adventure of trying to find my way home from a place I've never been before, I don't know.

But I'm willing to bet it was the boy on the phone with me, laughing in my ear.

"You sure you know where you're going?" A concerned Mark asks from the other line.

"Yeah of course I know where I'm going!" I say confidently. All while staring confused at several street signs.

"You sure about that?" he asks, not buying my bullshit.

"...No" He laughs at me. I can practically hear him shake his head from the other line.

"When the last time you passed that cafe?" he questions. I look slightly ahead of me to see the same cafe for the 4th time.

"I can see it a street ahead." He sighs.

"Just admit it. You're lost." Despite this being painfully true, my determined nature forces me to into a false ideation.

"I'm not lost! I'm just slightly unaware of where the fuck I'm going." He chuckles to himself.

"You amaze me Isla." A warm blush covers me cheek.

"I-I'm going to try going left this time." I announce as I turn on my board. He sighs.

"So you're telling me that you've been going right this entire time?" His disbelief shines through his tone immensely.

"Yeah? What's wrong with that?" He sighs yet again.

"Isla... If you go the same way every time, what the fuck where you thinking was going to happen?" I mentally slap myself.

"Well I don't know?!" He laughs at my stupidity.

"Jesus Isla. What did you think was going to happen. A magical alleyway appears that leads straight to y-"

"Wait shut up! Hold on, Is that?" I stare intently in the distance. As I grow closer I can slowly start to recognise the outline of the Student Store. A wide smile grows on my face.

"I know where I am!" I exclaim. Mark cheers from the other line.

"Finally!" He cheers. I roll my eyes.

"Ok, now I know where I'm going." I state happily and push off my board even harder.

"One step closer to opening my present!" He exclaims, I smile to myself.

"You're so excited about this present. Should I be scared?" He laughs from the other line.

"No," he states. I give a suspicious hum in return. "I'm serious! I really think you'll like it." I smile.

"Ok ok, sure," I agree and continue to make my way down the path.

Further small talk and meaningless discussions occur as I skate my way home, the time now reaching the slightly later hours of the evening, and for Mark the early hours of the day. A warm smile never leaves my lips the whole time, his words have an incredible way of doing that.

But, Unfortunately, Mark can't make me smile about everything.

For example the lack of cars in the driveway of my home.

The cars that promised to be there.

The cars I can barely recognise anymore.

"Yeah, but this guy gets up in front of the whole class and starts teaching the lesson because Mr. O'Neil can't for the life of hi-"