(6) democracy

CHAPTER SIX: democracy

All alive players were back in the warehouse, sitting in every corner. There was dead silence. It has been almost an hour since they were led back to the hall, with no explanation of what the hell happened outside.

Hayoon was sitting on her bed, with knees pull up to her chin, wiggling forward and backward. Her whole body was shaking. She heard some man sobbing on a bed above her.

She saw, not that far away, a man with curly brown hair. She recognized him as her savior from the game.

She didn't even thank him, when he saved her life. Well, she was in big shock at the moment of the first game, but still.

Hayoon tried to stand up from the bed. At first her legs didn't want to cooperate. When she finally, stood up, she walked to this man. His number was 199.

"Hello" she said, her voice cracked "I... I want to thank you. You saved my life out there. If it's not you, I probably would be dead too. Thank you so much, I owe you one"

The man smiled softly. He had this kind of warm smile that makes you smile back.

"No problem, it was nothing"

"It was a big deal" Hayoon pointed at the place next to him "Can I sit with you? If you don't mind"

"Please" 199 shifted to the side. The girl sat down, crossing her legs "I'm Ali"

He held out his hand to her. 146 squeezed it, shaking their hands gently.

"Nice to meet you Ali" she bit her lip uncertain "My name is Hayoon"

Ali just nodded his head. They were sitting in silence, both of them with many thoughts in the heads. Finally, the girl spoke up.

"You didn't expect the game to end like this, huh" she smiled sarcastically

"No" Ali shook his head, "But I'm happy that I made it alive. I'm scared how I am supposed win next games"

"Well, you have a lot of strength. It's not easy to hold my weight" Hayoon tried to ease tension, which worked. Ali chuckled a little "You're gonna be fine"

The big door opened. The pink soldiers come in, holding the guns, as everyone stood up. Most of the people were standing in the back, very much scared. Hayoon took Ali and walk with him to Gihun and Sangwoo.

"You have all made it through the first game. Congratulations" how nice of them "I will now announce the results of the first game"

The big screen on the wall, which was showing the amount of players, started to counting down. From 456 to 201.

"Out of the 456 players, 255 were eliminated, and 201 players successfully completed the first game"

Most of the people gasped out loud terrified. Hayoon knew that many people died, but when she saw the number of 255 that hit her harder. She felt so bad for them and their families.