Chapter 38: Who Is That?!

Once upon a time, a little girl asked a question to her father. "When will I be able to marry a man?" She asked. Her cute little blue eyes were full of anticipation. "Will he be handsome and brave?"

The father patted the fluffy hair of the little girl. "My little girl, one day you will meet the most suitable person to marry you. That person will love and protect you but for now, can't you treat your brother as your personal knight?"

That girl named Melissa.

The sister of Leonardo who was the future 'Master Of Merchants'

"Hmmph! Brother is not cool," the child replied. "I will marry the most beautiful person that I will see! And that person needs to be strong and cool! It will be great if he will also respect father and mother the most!"

"Fine, fine," The father chuckled as he stands up. "My daughter, Melissa," the man uttered. "Father needs to go for a business trip, be good to your mother and brother Leonardo. Alright?" The man told her with a smile. "I'll try to go back as soon as possible."

"Yes!" Melissa said. "I know that father will make a great-great fortune in the future!"

However...

Days after the father went away. The news suddenly spread to the countryside. This news will change their life forever.

"A beast attack happened! The King didn't even do anything to stop it! I wonder why the Duke of Chavez hasn't even made a move to throw that king away! He could do that! Our kingdom is falling into chaos."

"Do you plan to do in treason?! If an Imperial guard heard you. You will immediately die!" A commoner hushed her husband.

"E-Excuse me," Melissa's mother approached the two. She'd been anxious because her husband didn't go back after going on a business trip. When she heard the news circulating around the countryside. She became really worried.

"The attack happened at the gate of the Ibanez Kingdom. I heard that a lot of businessmen died in that attack," the woman replied to her. "Does your husband... also... went there?" She asked.

Melissa's Mother went blank when she heard it. She was lost at that moment. Her two children who were currently looking at her were also in tears when they heard the news. Especially Melissa, the girl who adored her father very much.

All of them went back to their house with a sullen faces.

They already know what happened to their family's head.

He probably died in that attack.

Maybe if they didn't ask for a better life, things won't turn into this...

The mother thought. They just wanted to live a better life for Melissa and Leonardo. They don't want them to grow up with grumbling stomachs. They wanted to give the best for them, but because of this...

"FATHER IS NOT DEAD!" Melissa shouted.

The mother who heard her daughter's shout glanced at her.

"Melissa, didn't you hear the news? Father is... Father is..." Leonardo cut his words while trying to hold his tears. "Father is dead..."

"HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT? FATHER IS NOT DEAD!" Melissa told him before pushing her Brother. The little girl runs to their door with tears. She won't accept that her father is Dead! He needs to meet her future husband!

How could he be dead?!

When Melissa opened the door, a beautiful scene made her speechless.

A beautiful girl with an angelic look appeared before her eyes. The beautiful girl was pulling a cart and she is going in the direction of their house. Melissa suddenly went in a daze. "Beautiful angel..." she uttered.