six <3

june 14th 9:30am

athena pov

i slowly stirred awake to the noise of shuffling. i let my eyes flutter open , to then be greeted by my phone propped up on my bedside table.

and then i saw ranboos profile picture.

realisation soon hit me.

"morning ranboo"

last night was one whirlpool of emotions , that's for sure. i joined the dream smp for the first time, made friends with some of the most well known streamers ever. and realised one of them is my neighbour.

wow.

{ranboo pov, 2am the night before}

'i still think it's crazy-" i spoke to athena through the discord call.

"hey, ranboo?" she spoke slowly and slurred her words, from tiredness i assume.

(CUPIDS CHOKEHOLD CAME ON WHEN I WAS WRITING THIS AND FOR SOME REASON IT JUST FITS SO WELL IDK)

"hey, athena." i responded to her in a quiet voice.

"wanna stream with me tomorrow? we could make a new smp or something..." athena continued, her voice getting progressively more croaky.

"yeah, sure, you got any ideas for a name?" i asked, turning over in my bed.

though, to this question they replied in a long dragged out breath.

"athena?" i whispered, turning up my volume.

all i had in response was quiet snores and long breaths . oh lord. they're asleep.

what do i do now? i suppose i just go to sleep right?

athena pov (back in present time)

"oh i'm sorry! did i wake you?" ranboo spoke to me, his voice lower due to just waking up, i assume.

"don't worry about it" i said , my voice also low.

"are we still on for the stream today?" he questioned.

"the smp stream thing? yeah sure! is it okay if i tell chat about us being neighbours?" i smiled just at the thought.

"yeah that's fine. i bet they're gonna be shocked" ranboo laughed.

"yeah, i bet!" i laughed along with him. "anyway, i hate to end the like 10 hour call we have but i need to go shower and eat. i'll probably see you in real life later anyway"

"no worries! and yeah, that tends to happen when you're neighbours with someone. okay bye athena!!"

i heard the disconnect sound from my phone and sighed.

"welp. that was interesting" i mumbled to myself, walking into my on-suite.

i started blasting my playlist. the first song to play was 'pretty girl' by clairo.

in shower

"SWEET TOOTH, FOR YOU, IM WIDE AWAKE!" i screamed, jumping up and down in the shower, this time using a shampoo bottle as a microphone.

"the sugar went straight to my brain
feel like a kid, I double tap
my chest with, my fist" i say in a calmer voice, but still with volume.
"i like you
say it back
say it back"
i said in a quiet voice. switching off my shower.

i quickly dried myself off and put on some grey sweats and a black oversized t shirt.

the first thing i did when i left my bathroom, was check my phone.