EIGHTY ONE

UNCONSCIOUS

"They're back." River called once she saw Silas driving the boat with Sarah sat on the back. Something seemed wrong, River could tell without even seeing them.

She didn't bother to wait for the others, instead she ran down towards the boat to see what was wrong. Sarah wasted no time in jumping out and wrapping her arms around her cousin.

Sarah's tears dampened River's shirt slightly, but the girl didn't care, instead she wrapped her arms around Sarah and held her tighter. River shared a look with Silas, who shook his head.

"So, how'd it go?" John B questioned once Sarah pulled away from River.

"You guys were right, it didn't work." Sarah shrugged as if it didn't hurt her that her dad chose Rafe. "Sorry."

"Well, that settles it, guys. Now, y'all need to load up in the paddy wagon and get the heck out of Dodge right now." JJ spoke up, following after the couple that started to walk away.

River gave the boy a sharp look and grabbed his bicep, pulling him back, knowing that Sarah just wanted to be with John B right now.

JJ couldn't exactly see what he did wrong, so instead he pressed his lips against River's temple and pulled her into his chest.

"Right, you'll need supplies and you'll have to split as soon as possible." Pope nodded in agreement.

"This is a stupid idea. This isn't happening." River shook her head, stepping away from JJ and towards John B and Sarah. "I can't loose you guys again. You promise." She looked up to John B, who almost looked guilty. "I can talk to Regg-"

"I think it's too late, Riv." Kie spoke up. River almost did a double take at the fact that Kie had spoken so sweetly to her.

Everyone turned once they heard the sirens coming from the police boats on the marsh. Instinctively, Pope grabbed Silas' arm and pulled him back. A small smile formed on the boys face, but he quickly tried to hide it, knowing now wasn't the time to get excited over physical contact between him and Pope.

"They followed you here?" John B questioned Sarah, his hand reaching out for River and pulling her and Sarah behind him.

Without even hesitating, JJ reached into his bag for the gun. If they were going to go down, they were going to go down fighting. The pogues were his family, the only family he had left. He wasn't going to lose them.

"Must've been your father. We have to find another way out." Pope announced, glancing towards Silas, who still hadn't pulled away from him yet.

"Stay on the beach, with your hands in the air." The SBI agent shouted through the megaphone.

"Go. Run." Silas shouted, pushing Pope and Kie slightly so that they would get a head start.

John B and Sarah began running along side JJ, leaving River stood watching as the SBI grew closer. She couldn't believe that this was happening again.

"Angelica! Let's go." Silas shouted, running back for the girl.

River just chuckled and threw her middle fingers up to the SBI agents as they approached the shore. She knew that they couldn't possibly out run them, but they sure as hell could try.

The blonde watched as JJ grabbed Sarah gently as they entered the marsh. She knew that he would keep her safe. She allowed her lips to curl upwards as she swam through the marsh to get to the other side.

Silas grabbed Sarah and pulled her behind the tree, giving her a moment to rest whilst the others caught up.

"We're trapped." JJ muttered once he noticed the oncoming cop cars. "There's no getting out of it. We gotta make a stand." He spoke as he attempted to dry the gun.

River's eyes softened, knowing for a fact that there wasn't anything JJ wouldn't do for John B. He was willing to fight and die for him.

She slowly approached JJ, her hand resting on his bicep. She loved him and was willing to die with him if it meant protecting their friends.

"I love you, J." She whispered gently, although everyone heard it.

JJ froze for a minute, he turned and looked at the girl as if she was everything. It felt like his whole world has stopped spinning and the only thing in focus was her.

John B couldn't let them do this. The couple had been through a rough patch cause of him recently, he wasn't going to let them go through anything like that again.

He walked over to the couple and grabbed JJ, holding him back before he went out with guns blazing. He grabbed the gun and threw it to the ground, covering it with the leaves, before whispering,

"It's gonna be alright." He lightly tapped JJ's cheek and placed a soft hand on River's shoulder. "Here we go."

"John B. Step out into the clearing." Shoupe shouted, making John B step forward with his hands in the air. "Get down, do not move. The rest of y'all stay right where you are. Keep those hands where we can see them."

"Listen Shoupe, I wanna testify." John B spoke up.

River grabbed JJ's hand, having an uneasy feeling about the situation. She hated that so many guns were pointed at John B and that there were nothing they could do about it.

"It's about time. Get down. Do not move a muscle." Shoupe responded.

Thomas went to grab John B, but his anger got the better of him. He lifted John B up before slamming him back down on the ground and repeatedly kicked him.

River went to jump forward but Shoupe stepped in front of her, he shook his head. Instead of staying still like he wanted her too, she clenched her fist and swung for the man, making another deputy tackle her to the ground.