thirty-nine

Sorin wiped her tears and sobbed, sitting alone on the bench at the university yard. Hojun frowned and approached her, "Why do you want to see me?"

She lifted her head to look at him. He saw her swollen eyes and runny nose. He looked away and scoffed before sitting next to her, making sure there was a gap between them.

"Have you thought of the next plan?" She asked. He sighed, "Not yet."

"Kill her," she said sternly. His eyes widened, "Are you crazy-"

"If I can't have Jake, neither can she. End her. It will benefit both of us. Don't you want that hospital director position?"

He smirked and folded his arms, fascinated with her thinking. "I'll see what I can do," he chuckled before leaving the yard.

Edlyn held her papers closer to her chest as she opened the door to Jake's office. The office was empty and bright, the sun was shining through the window. She put down the files on the desk before taking a look around. She walked towards the bookshelf and looked at the books that her husband read.

There were so many books about surgeries and human body systems. Her attention dropped at the book with "Marriage 101" written on it. She took it out and went through it, turning pages after pages until a picture fell out from the centre page.

She picked it up from the floor and it was a picture of her and him at their wedding. She held a bouquet of white roses and smiled next to him. He had a black tuxedo on that made him look handsome and tall.

She turned the picture around and there was "J+E" written behind it with a small heart next to the initials. She looked at the centre page where the picture was and read the title, "Being the best husband a wife could ever have."

She turned to another page and there was the mint chocolate ice cream packet, the ice cream that she bought for him. He washed the packet and used it as a bookmark. Her heart dropped when she realised who his crush was.

A hand snatched the picture and the book away from her. Jake frowned and put the book back on the shelf. "Why are you going through my stuff?" He asked out of annoyance.

"I'm sorry," she apologised. She didn't want to increase his anger and annoyance. She lowered her gaze before leaving his office.

"Alright, class. See you tomorrow," Sunghoon said as he closed his book. Students thanked him before leaving the class. Daera stood up and poked Edlyn's shoulders to snap her out of her thoughts.

"Yah, you haven't been focusing during the whole class. Did you argue with your husband or something?"

"I just found out something big. I don't know how to feel right now," Edlyn frowned as she rested her head on the palm of her hand. Daera sighed and patted her back gently, "You can tell me when you're ready."

"Park Edlyn. Your husband is here to pick you up," Sunghoon announced, earning attention from the other students, including Sorin who was just about to leave. She glared at Jake before walking out of the room.

Edlyn ignored Sunghoon's call and closed her eyes, still thinking about how she made Jake angry in his office for going through his stuff. A pair of hands took the books on her desk and helped her by putting them into her bag. Her eyes widened and she looked up, seeing Jake already holding her bag.

"Let's go," he said blankly before walking ahead of her. She glanced at Daera who was standing near Sunghoon. They also noticed Jake wasn't in the mood.