Chapter 9

"Hey, Ed!" said Alison happily as soon as she walked into the balcony and leaned on the railing. 

"Hello, Al." Ed's deep but soothing voice welcomed her and washed her anxiety away. her eyes lit up when she heard her other two friends as well. "Hi, Alie." chirped Ashley. "Hey, cutie pie." said Logan.

"Hi guys." she said as she felt her heart clenched. "I've missed you a lot." she said quietly.

"We too, Alie." sighed Ashley. "you don't know how much it's hard to put up with these two sources of testosterone alone."

Alison chuckled as she heard the boys' groans. "You didn't make any trouble today, did you?" asked Ed firmly.

"Ah well..." said Alison hesitantly. The four of them had sworn years ago to never lie to each other and they had never broken that promise.

"Alison Harris, you better tell us everything." warned Logan.

"Well, I might have caught the attention of the bad boy of the school and gone to the bad side of the barbie of the school who said I would regret it."

"Bad boy of school?" shouted the boys together.

"How very typical of you." sighed Ashley.

"Hey, it was not my fault." Alison defended herself.

"Alison, you will stay away from that boy." said Ed firmly and Logan approved him with a firm yes. "You have not forgotten Fred, have you?"

"Stay out of trouble when I'm not there to protect you, Al." said Logan. Anyone would think that he is joking, but Alison knew he was dead serious now.

"I will, L." she assured him.

"have you found friends yet?" asked Ashley eagerly. "Please don't love them more than us."

"I have." chuckled Alison. "But they never going to be you guys for me. You are family."

"Of course we are." said Logan proudly. "Where on earth are you going to find jewels like us?"

"How are your brothers treating you?" asked Ed.

"Yes. Should we snap some necks?" asked Logan.

"You should tell us if they treat you bad, Al. We will take you out of there somehow. You are always welcome to stay in our house." said Ashley.  

Alison smiled. She could easily imagine them, her best friends, the people she trusted the most, the people she had grown up with who knew her better than anyone, now sitting in school's yard, snuggled close to each other with the phone on speaker between them. How much she wished to be there with them, back to her school in the low-level parts of the city. Suddenly her frustration and the stress of that day formed like tears in her eyes and she took a shaky breath.

"Al, Are you crying?" asked Ashley alert.

"No. No." said Alison. "It was just a hard day."

"it's those fucking boys, aren't they?" asked Ed through gritted teeth.

"Not all of them." she said and sighed. "It's Xander. I don't know why, but he hates me to the core." she paused for a second before continuing bitterly. "He threw me out of the car this morning a few blocks away from the school and told me to not tell anyone that we are related."

"Okay, guys, just remember you can't kill him." said Ashley surely trying to calm down the two beasts beside her. Ed and Logan could be quite scary if they wanted.

"I will pick you up after school." Ed said after a few moments. "I will drop you at the pet shop."

"Really?" asked Alison hopefully. "Your way will become a little bit farther."