Chapter 28 (Fight! Fight! Talk?)

AN: This chapter isn't really detailed, it just has dialogue. Sorry for that. I was lazy.

"That's good to hear." Tazuna said with a shocked look on his face.

"Yeah, I bet it is, ya old coot!" Sid grumbled, seeing him secretly do a peace sign.

"We're almost there." The rower informed everyone.

"Oh, thank Chungus!" Sid gasped in relief, a smile stretching her lips.

"What's a Chungus?" Naruto asked her.

"A Chungus is so glorious that it's hard to describe in just a few words."

"Then use a few words." Sasuke muttered irritatingly.

"A Chungus is everything and anything. It's infinite. It can be nothing, if it wanted to. In fact, it could very well be a god of some kind."

"Thats so cool! Believe it!" Naruto said to her excitedly.

Sasuke shook his head. "Hn, idiots."

"Hn, ignorant." Sid replied back.

"What's ignorant mean?" Naruto questioned.

"Ignorant means, 'lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated', Naruto." Kakashi told him.

"Ooohhh." He nodded his head.

'He doesn't get it.' The rest of Team 7 thought.

"Tazuna, it looks like we haven't been noticed yet." The rower said.

"Thanks." Tazuna replied.

They went under the still-in-progress bridge, and when they got to the other side, Sid shielded her eyes.

"I wasn't prepared for the sudden light!" She hissed while Naruto smiled in awe at the sight.

They soon came to a wooden dock, and they all got off. The rower nodded at Tazuna. "This is as far as I go. Later."

"Sure! Thanks a lot." Tazuna said as the man then used the engine to take off.

Sid sighed. Welp, my fate is sealed. There's no going back now.

"All right, take me home safely!"

"You'll be lucky to get home alive." Sid grumbled as they began to walk.

Her eyes wandered around boredly, keeping an eye out. They'll obviously send jōnin this time since the chūnin little shits failed. Man, this is so much work already, and for what? To protect a guilt tripping old man who has no respect for us? The dudes a liar, to top it all off.

Sid seen Naruto run up ahead and throw a kunai. She stared at him, deadpanning. What is he doing?

After a few seconds, he said, "Oh, it was just a mouse."

Sid gained an annoyed face. "Hey, Nardo! Don't go wasting all your weapons, okay? You need those to stab the enemy!"

"Please, Naruto, don't use your throwing knives so abusively." Kakashi begged. "It's dangerous in the first place."

"Hey, you dwarf! Don't scare us!" Tazuna yelled at him.

"Hey! Leave Nardo alone! Don't wanna get scared, then quit being a pussy!" Sid told him.

"I see someone hiding over there!" Naruto said before turning. "No, is he over there?"

Naruto, please. You're embarrassing yourself.

Sid seen Kakashi turn his head to the side, right as Naruto threw a kunai in the same direction.

"There!" He shouted.

Sid followed Kakashi when he walked toward where Naruto threw his kunai, seeing a white rabbit below the kunai mark.

Naruto ran towards it, hugging it comfortably and desperately. "Sorry! I didn't mean it!"

"It's just a rabbit." Tazuna said. Naruto kept apologizing to the poor, traumatized animal.

A white rabbit. A white rabbit. Why is that bugging me? Wait-a fully grown white rabbit in the outdoors? That's rare, right? Either someone just released it, or-Sid's eyes widened, feeling a nearby chakra signature.

Finally! She gained stars in her eyes. I get to fight!!  She was practically vibrating in her spot.

"Everyone, duck!"

Sid grinned, looking around only to see Naruto wasn't ducking. She rushed towards him, pouncing on him, feeling a sharp wave of air go through her short hair.

Did she just get a hair cut?

Looking up after feeling it was safe, she seen the man standing on a huge ass sword.

"Oh, honey no...that cow outfit isn't doing anything for you." She muttered lowly, cringing at the sight of the ugly patterns as she got off of Naruto. Looks like he might as well deliver milk for a living.

"Oh, my, my, you are Zabuza Momochi, the exhiled ninja of the Hidden Village of Mist." Kakashi stood up, walking near him as he commented.

Naruto suddenly took off, sprinting towards the milk man, but fortunately Kakashi stopped him.

"You're in the way. Stay back, everyone."

Boooo. Sid thought disappointedly.

"Why!?" Naruto demanded.

"He's way different from the guys we met before." Kakashi told him. "If he's our enemy..." He grabbed ahold of his headband. "I can't win like this."

"I'm guessing you are Kakashi the Sharingan user."

Sharingan?? Naaah. Unless?? Sid eyed Kakashi.

"I'm sorry, but I'll need you to hand over the old geezer."

"Oooh, that was hot." Sid shivered with a smile on her lips. Oooh, look at that ass! 😩

"Everyone, form the swastika formation."

As Sasuke and Naruto got in place, Sid looked around stupidly. "Wait-what? The swats formation?"

"Protect Tazuna-san." Kakashi ordered.

"I understand the assignment, but I don't wanna do the assignment."

"Don't join the battle." He told them.

"Ight." Sid rolled her eyes in irritation. "Would've been a cool battle to join in on..." She muttered.

"To not interfere with the battle is teamwork." Kakashi claimed.

"I-what??" Sid looked at him dumbfounded.

"Fight me..." He told Zabuza.

"I'm honored that I can see the sharingan that I've heard about." The criminal said.

"You guys have been saying sharingan sharingan, but what is it?!" Naruto asked.

"Oh, no...we're about to hear an explanation I do not want to hear." Sid complained.

"Sharingan..." Started Sasuke as Naruto turned to look at him.

Sid grew a small tic mark on her cheek, breathing in through her nose to calm herself.

"I hate this damn mission."

Being treated like a measely genin is so insulting to me, but at the same time I can't blame Kakashi. I mean, I AM a genin, officially, but that's not my actual rank. This mission feels more like a 'tougher' D-rank mission right now, all talking, no fighting, but still very annoying.

As Sasuke explained what the sharingan was, Sid seen Naruto was still confused about it.

Eh, visual jutsu's are always confusing in one way or another, anyway. Can't blame him.