Chapter 17

It was about 7 o'clock when Aerilyn felt her tummy rumble, she opened the door to speak to the guards, but no one was there, that was odd, she was going to ask them if she could grab a snack and some water.

In fact, she had never tried the door before out of how scared she was and had thought it would be locked anyway.

She tried to remember the way to the kitchen but heard voices, she came closer to the door and opened it slightly, trying to listen to what was going on. Someone sensing her, pulled the door open and she almost fell flat on her face.

"What do we have here, a snack" A leechy old looking vampire spoke as he saw her in her silk night dress, Aerilyn recoiled into herself as she had stumbled upon a party that she had clearly not been invited too.

His hands were roaming her body, groping her and gripping her.

There was no escape.

Another vampire who was stood next to him chipped in "she smells out of this world, lets have a taste"
He came over and sniffed her neck, his fangs coming out as he licked her neck.

The girl cringed and tried to escape their grip.

A young man with blonde hair approached cautiously but swiftly as the old man lay his hands on Aerilyn.

"I'm afraid she is off limits General, this is the Queen's personal blood bag and pet" he spoke.

At this others looked shocked "the Queen doesn't participate in those types of things I am sure she will not mind if I have a drink, she is making me rather thirsty" He shook his head at the blonde.

"I think you will find she is wearing the Queen's collar" at this they all looked at Aerilyn's neck, the old man pushed her hair to the side to have a look.

"Then why hasn't she drank from her, or used her for pleasure, I smell nothing on her and I see nothing on her" he spoke arrogantly.

"She is mine General, now pass my pet here, no one is to touch her" those who were near went quiet as they watched the interaction.

The Queen had approached from behind and Aerilyn was yet to see her, she had to keep her head down as it was a formal event. The general let go of the girl and pushed her towards The Queen making her fall onto her knees.

Aerilyn felt a prescience next to her, she could see her shoes, she wore an elegant pair of heels and a forest green dress that looked fit for royalty, and there was Aerilyn just wearing her nightdress, which by the way was silk, low cut and short, not what you wanted to be wearing around vampires, her hair was long and flowing to the side.

The Queen simply held her hand out for Aerilyn to take, the girl was unsure whether to take it but they were in front of everyone, it would be rude not too and she didn't want to be punished.

Her hands were surprisingly warmer than Aerilyn had expected for a vampire, she felt a tingle shoot up her spine as she held her hand, the Queen was surprisingly gentle with the girl, careful not to squeeze too hard.

Aerilyn wanted to look up at her face, she really wanted to but couldn't, stupid rules. "You should keep a better eye on your belongings your majesty" the General commented.

"I keep an eye on my belongings just fine" she replied curtly. Aerilyn stood awkwardly next to the Queen who hadn't let go of her hands yet. The emotions Aerilyn felt were overwhelming her and her heart was beating rapidly.

Aerilyn waited to be berated for leaving her room but it didn't happen.

"Your majesty, the food shall be served" a servant announced and bowed.