Banks Promised

"Come on, Scarlett." Julie whined walking out of the bathroom in our dorm. "You have to go to the dinner." Connie sighed sitting next to me on my bed. "No." I groaned pulling the covers over my face. "Please go. Don't leave me with those jerks." Aspen complained putting her perfume down.

"It's cool, Banks promised. He wouldn't lie." Connie reassured me and I laughed. "If I thought that, I would be with a cheater right now." I said before Aspen pulled the covers off my face. "I already picked an outfit out." She held up one of my favorite brand new dresses we just bought together the other day. "That's cute...for if I was going."

"Stop being so stubborn. Let's go." Aspen pulled me up and i fell to the floor. "Dear god." She mumbled and dragged my across the floor to my desk. "Do your hair." She demanded and I shook my head. "No."

"Fine, I'll do it then." She huffed grabbing the curling iron and brushing through my hair.

-

"See, you look great." Julie and Connie smiled at me from across the table. "I'm mad at you guys." I mouthed turning to Aspen who was right next to me. "You having fun?" She has with a sarcastic voice. "You sat me next to Adam, and you put Cameron right next to him. No, I am not." I hissed quietly. "Someone had to do it. If they don't fight for your love now, you're gonna have to get new candidates, because I'm getting bored of this."

"Oh, I'm so very sorry you're getting bored of my love life." I smiled sarcastically and put my hand on my chest. "It's not ok." She sighed jokingly. "I still don't know how I feel about this." I crossed my arms looking around the room. "Everyone's getting along." She shrugged and took a sip of her drink. "Yeah, that's the problem."

"You haven't eaten anything." She pointed out and I nodded. "I know. What if they poisoned the food?" I said stubbornly. "That may be a little to far." She laughed a little bit while I sighed. "I wouldn't put it past them." I added in looking around at everyones smiles in the room. "Drink something at least."

"What if they spiked those?" I picked up my drink and moved the cup around in my hand. "Holy shit, Scarlett. That's like illegal, I don't think they would do that. It's too late anyway, this is my third shirley temple, and my goal is at least five."

We stopped talking after hearing the sound of glass being tapped on. We looked over and saw Rick standing up. "On behalf of the Eden Hall Warrior Varsity State Champion hockey team," He started talking.

"Really had to include all those titles in there." I mumbled and Aspen laughed quietly before covering her mouth, and covering it with a small cough. "I'd like to welcome the future state champs..." He continued talking and paid no attention to us. "The Eden Hall freshmen. Here, here." He raised his glass and everyone started putting there glasses together.

"Cheers?" Adam turned to me with a smirk holding his glass up. "No thanks." I raised my eyebrows pushing his glass down slowly onto the table. "Wow, I'm offended." He said jokingly. "So, what's the plain here tonight? Expired food, bad drinks, leave us here to pay the bill?" I joked on the last part but I really wanted to know what they were trying to do.

"No way. They told me everything was cool, really. You've gotta believe me." He looked at me and I could tell he was being serious. "Alright, alright."

"We're all just glad you loaned us Banksie so that we'd have a chance to beat you guys in the annual Freshmen-Varsity Showdown." Rick piped up again and patted Adam's back. Adam put his head down sighed. "Now, nobody move. We've got one last surprise." Rick smirked and the feeling in my stomach that's been there all night, got worse.

I looked back to Adam who just got done talking to Cole. He had a worried expression on his face and was being pulled up by him. Everyone on the varsity team got up and Adam looked to me. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He whispered before being dragged away. "What the f-" and I was cut off by a cake being brought out by some waiters.

At first everyone was cheering about the cake next thing you know...

-

We're washing dishes.

Well, the lucky ones are. Connie, Goldberg, and Guy are washing toilets. They left us with an 800 dollar bill and we had to do restaurant work to make up for the pay. "Y'know, I told you so. All of you. I knew something was up." I shook my head throwing my gloves down after finished my last dish. "Forgive us for actually wanting to have fun for once." Charlie mumbled and I scoffed. All the team members looked over at us but still worked on their cleaning.

"You're telling me, you weren't the least bit surprised when they came up to us with those smirks on their faces." I raised my eyebrows and he shrugged, "Banks said it was cool."

"And where has that gotten you, us? Banks isn't exactly the most reliable person right now in case you haven't realized."

"I'm sorry I thought they just wanted to congratulate us for our tie!" He yelled and I rolled my eyes. "That was your fault! You make it seem like it was my fault or something. Maybe if you listened and didn't do the exact opposite of what I was telling you, we would've won."

"I'm sure we would've because your such a great captain right?" He spat and everyone went silent I looked over after hearing a clattering sound and Aspen stood there with a broken plate surrounding her. "Damn." She whispered looking at us with wide eyes. I brought my attention back to Charlie and sighed. "Charlie, what the hell man!" Cameron pushed him and Charlie was quick to push him back.

"So far, I'm a lot better that you ever were." I sneered before pushing past him.

I was about to leave when I heard another plate smashing. This time it was Julie who stood behind a broken plate. "Damn." Aspen whispered again with a small smirk on her face. I pushed the doors open and left throwing the apron on the table before leaving.

And before anyone says anything, we were already finished anyway. They were all just putting their aprons back. So don't get mad at me for leaving. As much as I'm mad at Charlie I wouldn't leave them all there with a bill to pay.

"Wait!" I heard footsteps speeding up behind me.

"What?" I spat before turning around. "Uh, sorry. I was just wondering if you're okay." I heard a voice and I immediately put an apologetic smile on my face before turning around. "Cam, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was you." I stopped and let him catch up to me. "I've gotten to know Charlie pretty well and it just seems he says whatever comes to mind. I know you guys are good friends, he'll come around, I know it." He reassured me and I nodded.

"I hope so." I sighed before Cameron said he was going to go back inside and help clean up the mess Charlie just made. "What do you mean mess?" I questioned before he walked back in. "After you left he threw a fit and smashed a couple glasses."

"Oh my god. Well, do you guys need any help cleaning it up? I can help." I asked and he shook his head. "I think it's better if hit guys stay away from each other, you have a way to get back to school?" He raised his eyebrows. "Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." He waved before going back in.

And before anyone says anything, we were already finished anyway. They were all just putting their aprons back. So don't get mad at me for leaving. As much as I'm mad at Charlie I wouldn't leave them all there with a bill to pay.

I started walking and after a couple steps I felt rain drops falling onto my head. "Wonderful." I mumbled before starting to think about Charlie's words again. Am I really that bag of a captain? I mean, maybe he's right, no one listens to me anyway. I thought I was doing a good job.

My eyes started to water, and if I was around other people I'd blame it on the rain but there's no one around. Was i really getting this upset over something so stupid?

The tears and rain were blurring up my vision and I ended up bumping into someone. "I'm sor-" I blinked quickly so my vision would clear so I could see who it was. "Scarlett?" I heard before looking up. "Adam?"