Chapter 5 - The Deal

After (Y/N)'s first three weeks of working at Castor Labs, her hours became much longer. They were sort of test weeks so she can get adjusted to her work environment. Her job changed from just 3 hours to now 9, so she'll have much more time as a Keeper.

    She's gonna miss having so much free time though. It was fun while it lasted.

    Currently, (Y/N) is at her desk in the cell filling out some documents on her computer. The documents were for the Scientists to look at before taking Ki and Akai in for experimentation, the two were scheduled to be taken in three days on the weekend and won't be returned until the next Wednesday. But it was hard to concentrate on the work when the two demons were in the background roughhousing.

    The Keeper sighed and turned from her work to watch the fight. Akai shifted his body to become bigger and menacing with another set of arms, a red tail to match Ki's, and a warped face that looked like a diseased shark. He couldn't take on Ki's demon form normally, so he warped his body enough to be evenly matched. Him changing his body so much led to the top part of his jumpsuit being torn, so parts of his chest were now showing.

    Akai laughed deeply as he held Ki in a chokehold. Ki's tail waved around violently, puncturing the floor and even gashing Akai's tail with the spikes, but it didn't faze the blond demon at all.

    Ki, having enough, teleported out of Akai's grip and showed up behind him. He snarled and slashed a clawed hand towards the blond but Akai dodged just in time, snickering at the failed hit.

    (Y/N) sighed again and turned back to her own work. She knew they were just messing around but did it have to be that serious? Akai enjoyed fighting like it was a game but Ki was starting to take it seriously. Even some guards outside were watching the fight, three even betting on who will win.

    As the Keeper went back to her work, the sound of a flame thrower went off. She quickly turned back around to see Akai shooting flames at Ki but Ki created a portal that sent the fire towards his right instead, leaving a large scorched spot on the newly repaired wall. The room was just recently fixed and now they're destroying it again! She had to stop them.

"Guys!"

     They didn't hear her. The nonhuman sounds they were making blocked out her voice. She took some paper she wasn't using and balled it up before throwing it at Ki, the paper getting impaled by one of Ki's many spikes. This still didn't get their attention.

"Are you serious..." (Y/N) deadpanned.

    How is she supposed to get the attention of two 7 ft tall demons? She ran a hand over her (h/c) hair and leaned back in her chair, watching Akai suplex Ki into the wall, further denting it. A few guards outside went 'oohhh' at the move. (Y/N) turned to them with a disapproving look, earning a shrug from a guard who noticed her.

    Getting frustrated with her demons, she attempted to get their attention again but failed miserably. Now two more dents were left in the floor this time from Ki body slamming Akai.

    The Keeper cringed at the damage. This is gonna make her look irresponsible as a Keeper. She had to stop them now so the repairmen have less work to do.

    Feeling the steel of the cross around her neck, an idea formed in her head but she dreaded having to use it. Taking it off, she observed it in her hands then looked up at the demons.

"Guys stop fighting! You're wrecking the room again!" Still no response or acknowledgment.

    She groaned. Hesitantly putting the cross on the floor, she slid it over to where the demons were still roughhousing. It landed between them and detected the violence with a faint beep. A second later, a beam of light shot out of the cross, pushing the demons far away from each other on opposite sides of the room. (Y/N) hated to have to resort to her cross, but it worked, unlike her other attempts.