CHAPTER 7: SONG REQUEST

RHEA'S POV

It's the day before the competition for beauty and brains. I've been confident about myself that I'm gonna win this. My make-ups, dresses, shoe wears and accessories are ready for the grand competition tomorrow.

After Dave's tutoring days, I learned a little in my studies while he places always on top as expected. He is very smart, perhaps, he's the smartest guy I know in the campus and my heart is proud to say that this guy is my big brother's best friend.

Lately these days, a lot of guys tried to ask me out but if it weren't for my over protective big brother, I would be out dating one of them right now. Vincent will drive those guys away who tried to come near to me, it feels a little comfortable since I'm not used to having male attentions in the past.

"Right now, all we need is to test you in a check-up in the clinic. We need to be sure if you're safe and healthy to do the competition tomorrow." Kendra excitedly stated while fixing my dresses. "The winner will be titled the 'QUEEN BEE' which means she's the Queen of the campus."

"Yeah. I know that." I replied with a big smile on my face. Finally, I'll be showing my beauty and how worthy I am to be Dave's girl. I'm going to beat that nagger of his ex and make her eat her stupid words last time.

Speaking of that nagger, I didn't want to know if they finally got back together or not. Dave's newest song, Back in my world', become a hit after he released it. I never really listened to it because I don't like the way he says on social media that that song is for Christine alone. Man, that's irritating!

I cannot approach any other men because of my bully-phobia. I've been keeping this fear in myself alone.

"Looks like we're not just the only one in the clinic. Dave is here too." Kendra suddenly stated after we entered the hospital. To my surprise, Dave is there in the middle of his female admirers, feasting on him but he's wearing a poker face while patiently looking at a closed door.

He is very tall that I can see his head from the crowd. There were girls around him trying to catch his attention but he just ignored them.

"What's he doing here?" I asked quietly.

"Doesn't matter. Let's go to another room." Kendra pulled me to another room where another contestant just finished her check up. We smiled at her and stand next in line.

The nurse called and I sit on a single chair in front of her. She examined my face and my skin.

"Your white skin is so natural. Have you tried tanning?" The nurse suddenly asked while admiring my skin which is as white as a white bond paper. I always loved the way it is.

"I tried but I just turned red and itchy. My mother said that she craves for white garlic when she was pregnant with me so the color of the white garlic became my color. I don't know if that's true." I replied with a wide smile.

"You have the biggest chance to win this competition with that beauty you possess. You are flawlessly beautiful." She complemented and I gave her another smile.

"You're beautiful too, nurse. We all are." I truthfully replied, making the nurse blush. I turned to look at Kendra, she's typing on her phone silently.

"Is she done?" A voice called from the door. I didn't have to turn because I recognize that annoying voice.

"What are you doing here, Christine?" I heard Kendra asked in a bitchy tone.

"I'm a contestant for tomorrow. How about you, why are you here? Oh let me guess, you're going to babysit your boyfriend's little sister..." Christine replied and laughed. My blood suddenly boiled but I balled my fist to control myself.