Chapter 61 - Serve Your Mind, Body, and Every Being

The Four Great Clans sat in a conference meeting.

Three days has passed since the declaration of war. Jiang Cheng, his nephew, Lan Xichen, the GusuLan disciples, and the three couples returned from Ghost City. They were inside an office of Qinghe Nie.

"What is the reason for their declaration of war?" Jiang Cheng wore an ugly expression.

Nie Huaisang fanned himself. His position looked exactly the same to Shen Qingqiu.

Luo Binghe had to look twice before mistaking who his Shizun is.

"I'm betting on the possibility of this..." Lan Xichen sighed. He pulled something up from underneath the table—it was the Strongest Sword! Upon seeing that, everyone in the conference room were surprised, aside from the three couples.

Nie Huaisang took a deep breath. "Brother is right."

His robes of stone grey and bamboo green were made of expensive fabric, appearing equivalent to silk. Nie Huaisang's hair was laid across his back. The Clan Leader didn't bother to tie up his hair. It was like a waterfall of black ink, washing upon shores like strands of wheat.

"The soldiers from Ghost Nation declared that the Four Great Clans were interfering with their ghostly matters." Nie Huaisang explained. "We are cultivators and they are ghosts. We are living, and they are dead. Naturally, we wouldn't visit each other's territories. Thus, when we went to their territory at the auction house, the ghosts were enraged."

Jiang Cheng scoffed. "Let me guess. 'You dumb humans trespassed our lands, and also stole our treasure!' Is that why?"

Nie Huaisang passed him a thumbs up. "As expected of Clan Leader Jiang. You're smart!"

He turned around to look at the three couples. "I know HanGuang-Jun and Wei-xiong. However, the rest... I am not so familiar with. But since you guys are my friends' friends, then we are all friends!" A cheeky smile fell on his face.

Xie Lian nodded dumbly.

Hua Cheng crossed his arms across his chest.

Shen Qingqiu had nothing to say, while Luo Binghe was still struggling to distinguish between his Shizun and the Clan Leader. It's the fan... it's the fan...

"Since the ghost soldiers have already declared war on us, it is only right for us to reciprocate." Nie Huaisang explained. "I've already sent troops to the frontline. They're fighting against the ghost soldiers right at this moment."

Jiang Cheng was alarmed.

He rose up from his seat, then slammed his hands on the table. "Why should we have to engage in war with those damn ghosts!?! Call your troops back!"

Nie Huaisang snapped his fan shut. His eyes were closed, but at the sound of Jiang Cheng's alert, they fluttered open. A colour of hazel brown eyes were revealed. Those peach blossom eyes looked like they could see past everything. As if all of your thoughts were exposed to them.

"Clan Leader Jiang, are you saying that we should just let them one-sidedly attack us?"

Jiang Cheng's frown deepened.

"That's not what my uncle meant!" Jin Ling hurried to defend. "Why should we sacrifice our troops in this war? We have no ill will with them!"

"But they have ill will with us." Lan Zhan interrupted.

Hearing this, Jin Ling fell silent, alongside with his uncle.

"That is correct, HanGuang-Jun." Nie Huaisang explained. He wore a grim expression, as he recounted what'd happened in the past. "Just from yesterday, the ghost soldiers have killed over 20 villages in Qinghe Nie. Are you asking me to stand by and watch them continue to massacre more of my people?"