02

Chapter 02 - Uncle's Devotion

Sanzu and Rindou make the decision to pick up Raina from school. They are standing in front of the school. Rindou rolled his eyes at Sanzu as he saw his niece approaching them as they were startled by Sanzu as they exited the building. "Sanzu, can you please stop scaring them? You look ugly," Rindou said to Sanzu.

The seven-year-old girl shouted, "Uncle Rinni! Uncle Haru!" and raced to meet him. She kisses their cheeks to make them flush before giving her uncle a hug. Sanzu picks up Raina's luggage and unlocks the rear door of the vehicle.

Sanzu is the one driving the automobile, and they are all inside. Raina questioned her uncle, perplexed because this wasn't the path to their house, "Where are we going Uncle Haru?".

She was intrigued when her uncle Rindou announced, "We're going to the mall, Rai."

Raina plays with her uncle's hair and wonders, "Uncle Rinni, why are we going to the mall?"

"We agreed to go to the mall with other people for you since next week is your birthday, right?" Rindou sat his niece on his lap and kissed her forehead.

Raina stared at him and responded with a nod. "Raina, can you promise me something?"

He knows that his brother is mistreating his family, especially Raina: "If something happens to you and your mother because your dad does anything, call us immediately, hm?" He also knows that his brother is assaulting his daughter.

She stared at her uncle with tearful eyes, "Okay, but they're always arguing because of me".

He grins at Raina and wipes her tears away. "It's okay Rai, your mom is just protecting you from your father hm? You can call Dad if you want to," he says.

"Now don't cry; we'll keep you safe."

Sanzu, who was driving, was merely observing them while they conversed. They are aware that Ran has a mistress and is struggling to support his family. He will blame Raina for everything that occurred to him if his mistress and he argued. They are all concerned about Maia and Raina since they are aware that Ran has lost interest in them, and Maia was only attempting to be a strong mother to her.

In the parking lot, Sanzu comes to a stop and turns to face Raina. He caressed her head and unlocked the car door while holding her cheeks tenderly and said, "Uh, we can all be your dad, you want that? We can be all your dad, just forget the dad of yours."

They let Raina choose as many toys as she wanted while in the toy store. She was now struggling to choose a few toys, and Rindou could tell by the shrug on her face. He approached her and questioned her.

"You may choose whatever you want", Raina said, looking at him and nodding.

She complained to her uncle while folding her arms, "but Uncle Rinni it's too much and expensive!"

She just chooses the teddy bear in the end, and Sanzu purchases an outfit for her. She was content with them and wished she could always feel the way she does when she is with her uncle.

She chuckles as her Uncle Haru carries her, "Thank you so much Uncle Rinni, Uncle Haru!" Sanzu was delighted to see Raina grinning; if he couldn't be her father, he wanted to. Every time they were with Raina, everyone was happy, with the exception of Ran.

"Your mother might be worrying about you, so let's get home", Rindou adds as he makes his way to the car. Raina can enter the backseat when Sanzu unlocks the door.

A little while later, they were standing in front of the home, with Sanzu gently supporting Raina while she dozed off and Rindou taking an entire load of shopping bags. When Rindou flung open the door, Maia was in the living room.

As Maia rose up and turned to face the entrance, she spotted Rindou and Sanzu. Sanzu was holding Raina, who was soundly dozing off, while Rindou was carrying shopping bags. Sanzu puts Raina on the bed in her room and gives her a forehead kiss while saying, "Sleep well, Rai."

While Maia was with him, Rindou gave her the shopping bags before asking, "Is brother not home yet?" Maia shakes her head and gives him a blank face.

She placed the shopping bags on the table and said, "Why would he go here? He didn't love us anymore, he was with his mistress. He was just coming home here if they had a fight. But I don't think he will be here today." Rindou gave her a troubled look.

Maia regarded him bewildered before asking, "Do you want us to stay here?"

She grinned at him and said, "No, don't worry, everything will be OK."

In response to Rindou's "then we're going now" statement, Maia nods and grinned, "Okay safe driving!" She waved at them and waited for them to start the car.

The new outfits and teddy bear were visible when Maia opened the shopping bags. When he received a return embrace, she was reattaching the outfits to the shopping bag.

She recognized the voice as belonging to her husband Ran, who was once again inebriated. "Hello, love..." His arms were around her waist, but she took them off and left him in the living room.

Without wasting any time, she hurried upstairs to their shared room and left him there. She placed Ran's pajamas on the couch after taking them out of the closet. Since she was aware that her husband didn't care for the visitor, she was sleeping with him.

Her door is locked. She sighs, extinguishes the lamp, and begins sobbing softly because she had reached the point when she wanted to give up everything. She was constantly wondering herself, "Should I give up? Can I?"

however unexpectedly... Kokonoi wrote to her.

"Everything is going well, the venue and the higher-ups; we will celebrate Raina's birthday without Ran; tomorrow we will go to the mall and buy her some gifts; please take care of yourself, good night!"