12. Same Old World

Steven's P.O.V.

After Y/n came back, Peridot and I had started to explain what happened with the cluster. And they were all still surprised that I was able to bubble the whole thing. Of course, I didn't do it alone, but the gems were still shocked none the less. But I couldn't help but keep thinking about Lapis.

Peridot: It was so intense down there. We were already a few layers into the Earth's crust when suddenly-- BOOM! All of these gross cluster limbs stairwell to crawl all over the drill. So I whip out the old photon blaster and "Pew Pew! Take that cluster!" And then Steven was like "Ah, my feelings", and just up and passes out on me.

Well, I knew that wasn't exactly what had happened. But I just decided to let Peridot have her moment. I knew that the gems would want to hear my side of the story. And I'm sure they knew that Peridot was overreacting a little bit.

Peridot: And then everything started glowing and-- wait. Uh, well I'm sure that Steven can fill you all in on the rest since he's the one who saved us and all. You should have seen him down there, it was awesome, right Steven? Go on and tell them what happened in there.

I was about to say what happened with the cluster. But then I caught myself looking over at the barn. I was starting to get worried about how Lapis was. She's been through a lot, considering that she was forced to fuse with Jasper. And I knew she'd probably need as much help as possible.

Peridot: Steven?

Steven: Hold on a sec, I'll be back.

I decided that it was best to go and check on Lapis. So I went over had and took a look inside the barn. I saw Lapis on a pile of hay with a pillow and some old sheets. I guess Y/n was trying to make sure she was comfy. Then I heard her groan a little in her sleep as I felt a hand on my head. And I looked to see that the hand belonged to Garnet, who also had Y/n close behind her.

Garnet: I see your worries about Lapis.

Steven: Yeah, when I saw her in my dreams, it looked like she was fighting so hard just to keep Malachite from escaping Earth.

Y/n: I may not know much about fusion, but it must have been rough for her.

Garnet: Indeed. Lapis had spent an extremely unbearable amount of time fused with Jasper. The emotional and physical amount of strain from that type of fusion, I can't imagine. So she's going to need a lot of time to recover.

Steven: *sighs* You're right.

Garnet: Come on, we're all dying to hear more about what had happened underground.

Y/n: And afterwards, Lightning and I will introduce you to our fusion friend.

Steven: Ok.

So with that, I decided to head back and rejoin the others. And both Peridot and I explained what had happened with the cluster. It took about a good ten minutes to explain everything. So once we finish, I turned to Y/n and Lightning and was excited to meet their fusion.

Y/n: You ready Lightning?

Lightning: You know it!

I was so excited to properly meet Y/n and Lightning's fusion. So the rest of us gave them some room in order for them to fuse. That's when Lightning and Y/n did a cool handshake before they did a fist pump. Then they pulled each other into a hug and a bright light surrounded them. Once the light had died down, we were meet with their fusion from mask island.