2. Fix it up!

Jungkook is on his way to his meeting, driving on the smooth road connecting the route to his apartment and his office

Jungkook is on his way to his meeting, driving on the smooth road connecting the route to his apartment and his office. He turns the wheel, sun rays falling directly on his windshield from between the dense leaves of the trees above. He just crosses the array of trees planted on either side of the road before his car slows down. "Not now," he sighs, getting out. He opens the bonnet to check for any signs of failure. Everything to his knowledge seemed to be fine. He pulls his phone out and searches for the nearby garage.

"Hello, my car broke down near bridge 12," he waits for the other side to speak and answers. "I can't seem to find what the problem is," he checks his watch. "I have to attend a meeting in thirty minutes so I would appreciate it if you come sooner. Thank you," he ends the call and leans against the car as he waits. The soft morning breeze plays with his few grey strands of hair as he looks down on his phone. He checks the day schedule his personal assistant has sent to him.

"Is this what they call destiny?"

He doesn't look up right away when he hears the familiar voice. A small smile on his face appears as he slides the phone into his pocket. "Cleopatra," he looks up, giving her a familiar smile. She stands there, smiling, traces of grease on her hand and face. She sets down the tool box and ruffles her hair. "Call me Cleo."

"You surprise me, in a good way," he moves forward and away from his car. She laughs. "I'm glad I did that. You are lucky I own a garage nearby. Your car is in good hands," she ties her hair up with a band and examines the car. "Well, I have less than twenty minutes now. Let's see if you can make me reach in time," he says after checking his watch.

"Done," she closes the bonnet. "Little screw was loose, I fixed it. Try starting now," she says, sliding the wrench into her pocket. He gets in and twists the key. The engine revives along with a satisfactory nod from him. "Thank you, that was quick," he gets out, pulling his purse out. "And that will be?" He pauses pulling the money out.

"Wow," she laughs, shaking her head. You think I'm going to accept money from you? No Mr. Jeon. I'm not."

"I'll feel too bad to accept this service for free," he says, quickly checking his watch again. She notices that. "This is my number. It's not for free. Let's go for dinner. Mr. Jungkook. I will wait for your call," she smiles, freeing her hair from the clutch of rubber band and turns around to get on her motorcycle. "Soon," she says, puts on her helmet and zooms away.

"Persistent," he shakes his head and throws the card into his dashboard. "Strange."

A week passes by and Cleo doesn't get any call from him. First two days she thinks he is taking his time, next two days she assures herself it's too soon for him to come to a conclusion and the next two days makes her restless. Sitting in her garage, the car she is supposed to deliver that evening is ignored as she bites her nails.

"Well, who got you thinking like that girl," Iseul throws her hands around her shoulder. "Hey," the lack of enthusiasm in Cleo's tone doesn't go unnoticed by Isuel.

"We planned to have a day out today and I still see your greasy garage uniform on you," Iseul crosses her arms.

"If a guy doesn't reach you even after a week, it means-," Isuel cuts her off. "It means, fuck off."

"Dammit. What's his fucking problem," Cleo gets up, stripping her denim overalls and hanging it up. "Dohyeon, finish this up," she points at the car she has been working on until a while ago.

"I've never seen you lose your shit over a guy. Who is it," Iseul follows her to the changing room. "Oh shit, is it?"

"Yes, it's your uncle. He is one hard apple to get," Cleo takes the towel and disappears into the tiny bathroom. "Cleo, I didn't know you were so serious about him. I told you he doesn't like younger women. Maybe you should just let your ass calm down," Iseul says.

"How do you know he doesn't like younger women," Cleo asks, foaming the shower gel around her belly. "He fired his P.A who tried to get close to him and I've only seen him date women who are nearly equal in age to him." Cleo stops spreading the foam on her body and asks. "He dates regularly?"

"I didn't say he does it regularly. I said when he does, he has a type. You don't fit in it. Possibly," Isuel sniffs the spray nozzle of Cleo's perfume before spraying it on her. Cleo comes out, towel wrapped around her body. "You know what, that didn't make any difference to me. I still want to date him."

"All I'm saying is, don't let it take you too far. You are currently trying to fit a square in a round hole. It might seem fun while trying but it will-."

"Stop your philosophical shit. I know. I know it's likely impossible but I believe in miracles. Just like he called my garage when his car broke down. I have a good feeling about this," she says, taking a few pumps of lotion and smearing it all over her body.

"He called your garage?" Isuel asks, surprised. Cleo nods her head, "His car broke down at the bridge 12 and my garage happened to be the nearest one. Call it destiny baby!"

"That was-," Iseul rubs her forehead. "That was coincidental," she looks at Cleo. Cleo rolls her eyes. "Coward. Too scared to admit that it's not coincidental." Iseul was about to defend herself when Cleo stopped her before she could do it. "Where are we headed to today?"

"Disneyland. I got us normal tickets just like you asked," Iseul flashes the tickets at her. "Babe, you keep spoiling me. I told you I'm going to get the tickets this time," Cleo pouts her lips lightly. "No problem, you buy the food," Isuel winks.

Cleo drives to the destination, she wears her Mickey cap she bought when they went last time and forces Isuel to wear a Minnie one. "Seriously, I really want to wear the goofy hat," she says but Cleo is already putting the hat on her. She finishes strapping it on her and her eyes catches something. They grow wide and her mouth falls open but a smile is there.

"Holy shit. Iseul, is this a coincidence too?" Cleo asks, jerking her brow in the direction while biting her inner cheek. Iseul turns to the side and is a bit or more than a bit stunned. Jungkook was standing there, with a black turtleneck sweater and black pants paired with a black snapback cap.

Cleo is so busy wiggling her brows at Iseul that she doesn't notice a tiny hand holding Jungkook's pinky. "What the...," her mouth falls open when a milk cheeked, ice cream stained lips kid emerges from behind him. "Dammit Isuel, why didn't you tell me he has a kid?"

How do you find the series so far?

Leave likes and comments to encourage me and possibly drop some support on my Kofi. Link in the bio.