chapter 29- pleasant phone call

after the stream, tommy pulls me aside with a concerned look on his face. he pulls us both into the bathroom, locking the door behind us.

"hi?" i say weirdly, confused as to what he's doing.

"the fuck was that?" he asks.

"the fuck was what?"

"you like... first you messed up and just said she was cool. then you were alright, then you called her pretty! then you turned into a red, sputtering mess after she called you pretty!"

"thanks for letting me down gently."

"sorry, i'm being an arsehole. but uh, you realize quackity was there that whole time, right? he saw the whole stream?"

my blood runs cold.

quackity watched me call aubrey pretty. 

i called his girlfriend pretty.

"that's a joke, right?" i ask.

"i wish it was."

"well... it's okay, right? because i confirmed that what i said was meant in a friendly way?"

"to everyone else in the world it's fine, wilbur, but the boyfriend is gonna get possessive."

i sigh because i know tommy is right.

before long, i can feel my phone buzz in my pocket. it starts ringing.

"if that's him..." tommy starts. i pick up the phone.

incoming call: alex quackity

"sick!" i say with fake enthusiasm. "awesome!"

"i'll leave you alone. i'll make sure no one comes near the bathroom," tommy assures me. i nod, thanking him. he leaves the bathroom and i answer the call with shaky hands.

"hi quackity!" i say as confidently as possible, as if i feel absolutely nothing for his girlfriend. "how are you, man?"

"cut the bullshit, wilbur. i watched the stream," he replies angrily. i bite my lip and mentally groan.

"did you? wish you were here with your girlfriend, huh?"

"yeah. so i could keep her away from you."

the line goes quiet for a few seconds.

"... come again?" i say awkwardly.

"seriously, man? calling her pretty, getting all flustered at everything she says, you're totally in love with aubrey!"

i cringe when quackity says "love." how can he just throw around the forbidden L word so easily?

i dig my fingernails into the palm of my hand, leaving crescent shaped marks on my palm.

"woah woah woah," i say. "in love with aubrey? do you hear yourself? you sound crazy and paranoid."

"i know damn well what i saw, man. that wasn't cute. that wasn't funny."

"i never said it was either. quackity, it's not a sin to call your friends pretty. people call aubrey pretty all the time on twitter. it's not a big deal."

"that's completely different and you know it. she knows you, dude. she's with you right now. i swear to god, wilbur, if you try anything, and i mean ANYTHING, with aubrey, i'll fly to the uk right now and knock your lights out. do you understand me?"

"you're crazy, alex. i don't want to try anything with your girlfriend. i'm not a home-wrecker."

"seems like you are."

"well i'm not! so you can keep your possessive obsession with aubrey to yourself!" quackity sighs.

"okay, fine. jesus. maybe i was acting a little crazy. but seriously, wilbur, calm down. she's taken."

no need to keep reminding me.

"yeah. believe it or not i knew that. i gotta go, quackity. i'm in the bathroom, hidden away from everyone. which is stupid and weird."

"maybe continue to stay away from aubrey."

"maybe we can talk about this later? how about monday? i'm back home by then."

"and leave you to cling to my girlfriend for another full day? i think not."

"dude! seriously, chill. you can ask tubbo, tommy, and even aubrey if i tried anything at all. i didn't."

quackity sighs on the other end of the call. i've never seen him genuinely angry and frustrated, it's weird. almost scary. especially because i'm on the receiving end of his anger.

"alright. i'm feeling generous so i'll make a deal with you," quackity offers. "i'm still pissed off. but i'm willing to let it slide this ONE time. just, stay away from her, alright?"

"i'm with her for another day, big q. i can't just straight up ignore her," i reply calmly.

"you have tommy and tubbo."

"tommy's vlogging. this is gonna look awkward." quackity snaps his fingers.

"that's it! if you're really as innocent as you say you are, i'll just watch the vlog later and be the judge. then we'll see if you're really as pure and innocent as you're letting on."

"alright..?" i shrug my shoulders even though quackity can't see me.

"hope you're having fun in brighton! remember not to try anything with aubrey even off camera! talk later man, let's stream together soon!" quackity hangs up the phone leaving me standing in confusion. i take the phone away from my ear. the way he switched emotions so quickly leaves me baffled.

"well, that was a pleasant phone call," i say out loud to no one in particular. 

(A/N FINALLY THE STORY IS GETTING SPICYYYYY >:D but seriously you guys were not supposed to figure out that quackity was watching the stream until this chapter but my readers always know everything i'm going write before i publish the chapter. either you guys are a bunch of detectives/psychics or i'm just predictable. maybe a mix of both!! anyway LOL i hope you enjoyed this drama-filled chapter! please vote, comment, share, and add this to your reading lists! if you do i'll give you a big kiss ;) i love you!!!)

(P.S. i do not at all think this is how quackity acts irl!! he's gonna be a bit off-character in this story [kinda possessive, a little mean, etc] but this doesn't mean i think he's rude or crazy or whatever in real life! quackity is one of my favorite streamers and this fic is not meant to be taken literally or make it seem like i hate big q! it's fanfiction, it's not real :] we stan real quackity in this household, just not lmds quackity HAHAHA)