¢нαρтєя 24

TRUE TO HER WORD, REBEKAH MIKAELSON took back possession of her own body only after her brother Kol Mikaelson came back from the dead

TRUE TO HER WORD, REBEKAH MIKAELSON took back possession of her own body only after her brother Kol Mikaelson came back from the dead. And the body, or rather the corpse of Eva Sinclair, was given back to the Tremé witch Vincent Griffith, Eva's ex-husband.

Of course, there was also a political move to this carefully crafted kindness. The family had long considered that Davina Claire's involvement with the wildest of the Originals would soon come in her way of ruling the nine covens of New Orleans as their Regent. Either the witches would be gathering to have her shunned, or the ancestors themselves would turn their backs on her. It was inevitable, considering the very first act the young witch did as the Regent, was to bring Kol Mikaeslon back to life - that too, with the power she gained by channeling the magic of the Ancestors of all nine covens. Power; that a Regent can use only one time.

And so, when eventually the day comes, the next candidate with the highest probability of being crowned a regent is Vincent Griffith.

So, the family (Elijah) had believed that giving Vincent the barest courtesy to bury the woman he once loved as an act of goodwill would at least make him think once before he helps the riffraff that keeps coming after the original family. Of course, Elijah is not foolish enough to believe it would end the differences with Mr. Griffith. But the original vampire supposed it would help remedy at least a little bit of the large gap and many grievances the Tremé witch had suffered after being stuck in the Mikaelson's family orbit.

Just because they can't make friends, it doesn't necessarily mean they need to make enemies. If it was a few years ago, they wouldn't have cared less. But with the new fragile addition to the family, alliances are more than necessary. More so, with their enemies lurking in the shadows biding their time to strike them.

And speaking of enemies, the Strix had cordially invited Elijah to their exclusive party that evening. But since Elijah's been training the vampires by staying on the other side of the river with Marcel, Rebekah, Josh, and Gia - the Strix, or rather, Aya did not have time to invite Marcel to join them on her own. However, they did send him an invitation which Elijah shot down almost immediately, telling him it was a trap; an invite for initiation of him to Strix meant Marcel must fight and kill a vampire much older and ruthless than him.

Marcel, of course, didn't like being treated like a sidekick, and being dismissed as some kid that has no idea what's going around him. And this led to a spat. Words were exchanged between the two regarding trust and limits, and it took both Klaus and Rebekah to talk the two stubborn vampires down and manage to negotiate some reasonable terms. And the whole thing ended with everyone reluctantly agreeing to let Marcel join in on the organization that's conspiring against their family as a spy who would pass them the insider information with Elijah keeping him safe if he were to be stuck in some sort of predicament. Because, at the end of the day, whoever comes for his sire and pseudo father, Klaus, may very well go for him too.