Chapter 16- She Keeps Me Warm

Lauren's POV

"Hi Lo."

"Hey."

I slipped in a seat next to Ally.

I placed my books on the table and my bag next to it.

We were in the library and we agreed to have a group study.

"Where's Dinah and Camila?"

"They're in the cafeteria, Camila said she haven't take her breakfast yet."

Ally answered.

"Oh."

"Have you forget to make one for her or she's still upset?"

Mani asked.

"Both."

I simply said.

I remember when she woke up earlier in the bed next to me, I tought everything has been straighten up. I mean, she kissed me and told me that I'm the most beautiful thing that ever happened to her and then she woke up ignoring me and walking out the door earlier than she used to.

Now I'm having a massive headache and a back pain because she pushed me off the bed again in her sleep, I just lied back in coz I didn't have much choice and I had to wake up every now and then when she needed to puke. She was so drunk last night that it was so hard for her to run to the bathroom so I had to give her a small basin while rubbing her back and giving her water after.

"Wait, she's not mad at Dinah anymore?"

"Nope, they're bestfriends remember? It's not that hard to apologize."

"Unlike a girlfriend, you still need to put out an effort."

"Dude, seriously? That is so unfair."

"That's just how it works, Lo, sorry."

Dinah and Camz walked in after like 20 minutes and I tried so hard not to act weird.

She was not even looking at me while talking to the girls about making homemade brownies later.

Damn it. I was watching them and pretending I was so into reading my book when in fact my head is about to burst out overthinking and figuring out what to do about her.

-------------

Silence.

The room was filled with eardrum-crushing silence.

She was still upset.

She didn't say anything, she was just acting like I do not exist, but she had trouble meeting my eyes.

And that's when I knew I would still give the same effect on her when we lock eyes.

I was at the balcony checking out my roses, it was growing bigger and I can feel the flower is nearly popping out and I never felt this excited for the past months.

I bit my lip and gave myself a sad half smile when I remember I promised Camila that one day when the roses full bloomed, I would give it to her.

But how would I even do that when she barely even look at me?

She was so busy running around the room and trashing her closet.

I didn't understand what she was even doing but I think I would get scolded if I care so I just shut the hell up.

She bent down to fix her shoes and her perfect butt was facing me and she was just few steps away from me.

I swallowed hard and just looked at it like a little puppy in a cage looking at a ball from outside it badly want to play with. It's just so close yet so far at the same time. Do you realize how it's making me crazy?