16 - Midnight Rendezvous

"I finished first!"

"No, I finished first!"

"Both of you finished after I did!"

Jason, Dick and Tim had decided to have an eating competition halfway through dinner, now fighting over who won. And maybe this went on for a bit too long, before Selena decided it was high time they stopped.

"Stop it, kids. Tim came first, Dick second and Jason came last. Now would you please finish the rest of you dinner peacefully?" she almost screamed, as Bruce stared at the scene in front of him blankly.

"Oh, cool."

"Why didn't you just say so?"

"Yeah. We know Tim won."

The responses of the three chaos-causers left Adrien, Chloe and Luka in stitches, as they choked on their food in laughter. Alfred was this close to calling the ambulance in worry for the three.

Laughter echoed through the walls of the dining room as the Wayne Brothers went back to having their meal, making conversation with the others in the room. Everyone was happy.

All except one.

The only black spot on a clean slate.

Damian Wayne.

The brunette had come back from school at 7, only to grab some Cheetos from the kitchen, get his keys from Alfred and walk out the door once again, not to be seen until 5 minuted before dinner.

Damian now sat in front of me, phone on one hand and fork on another; a judgmental look on his face and a glare in his eye, as he skillfully ignored the stupidity of his half-brothers.

He stared at his phone, sometimes letting go of his fork to violently type something into it. While he minded his own business, I couldn't take my eyes off him. I stared at the brunette as he munched on his dinner, cheeks puffing out adorably.

He suddenly looks up, eyes latching straight onto mine. Heat rose in my cheeks as the brunette caught me staring, but I dared not break eye contact. Damian swallowed what he was chewing, before shooting me a smirk.

That was my breaking point.

I choked on the lasagna I had shoved in my mouth a few seconds ago. Alya patted my back with a sympathetic look on her face, giving me some water to drink. I smiled at her thankfully.

Damian's smirk had grown in size after seeing my reaction. But I wasn't going to give up. "Hey, Dami." I called out, clearing my throat. The brunette looked up in curiosity. "Where's your boyfie?" I teased.

He choked.

I won. I looked at his red face as he struggled to swallow what he was eating, before gulping down a lot of water. Dick fussed over his little brother, asking him to throw his phone away during dinner. The amount of satisfaction it gave me was insane.

Damian argued with Dick for a minute to explain that it wasn't the phone that made him choke, but the brunette didn't have it in him to explain the real reason. I knew he didn't. I smirked at him in victory as he glared back at me.

And after that, he did nothing to mess with me.

His glare was scary.

But I would do it again.

.......

Dinner was over far too soon for my liking.

I sat in my room, lights off, laptop switched on, lying on my bed as I waited for the others to get here. YouTube was a woman's favorite after all. I searched up recent crime rates in Paris, hoping it hadn't increased when we were away.