Chapter-29

ɪғ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ
........

"Hello." Says Beth, coming out of the elevator. "Well, well, what do we have here?" She looks at us. "Missed me fiance? I was busy with some shoots." She asks Chase. Did she just call my boyfriend her fiance? Did she not get the memo last time?

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Aww, is this how you'll greet me?" She asks, laughing a little. Is she high or what?

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Oh, it's the whore." She smirked.

"Talking about ourselves now, are we?" I raise a brow.

"I have a proposition." She says, suddenly serious and turns her gaze towards Chase.

"I don't care." He replies.

"You will. Here or in your office?" She asks.

Is this bitch deaf?

"I said no. Didn't I?" He says, getting annoyed.

"If this is how you want it." She shrugs before pulling out an envelope from her purse and pulling out some pictures from it and handing them to Chase. Our pictures to be specific, Me and Chase cooking together, pictures of us sleeping, us kissing even the pictures from the airport. I look at her, she has an ugly smirk on her face as if she did something great.

"What? You want me to pay you for these pictures? I would've, if the quality was great." He says, breaking the silence. The smirk on her face disappears before she smiles again.

"I'll sell them to paps." She says. "If-"

"Go ahead. I don't care." He cuts her off and hands back the pictures to her.

"Think about it, everyone will know you're sleeping with your assistant. Some might pull out from the deals. Lots of bad press." She says exaggeratedly. "Or you can announce our engagement to the public. It'll help us both, I'll get more contracts and you'll have me. I'll accompany you everywhere you'll need me to. You can get rid of this bitch." She says, looking at me with disgust.

"The only bitch I'm getting rid of is you." He says as two guards appear out of no where. When did he call them? "Escort her out. She's not allowed inside the building anymore." He said to the guards.

"You can't do this! We're meant to be! You are mine!" She yells as the security holds her arms, pulling her with them.

"Can I punch her? Please?" I ask slowly as he holds my hand and turns me around.

"No."

"Please?" I ask.

"She's not worth it." He says, combing my bangs with his fingers.

"Fine. Can we order lunch instead?" I ask with a sigh.

"Okay." He replies, closing the door of his office.

He lets me take his seat as he stands beside me ordering something for us. "Do you think she'll sell the pictures?" I ask.

"Don't know. She's a psycho." He shrugs.

"What if she does?" I ask, biting my nails.

"Stop stressing about it." He keeps his hand on my head trying to comfort me?

"You look extra hot today, you know that?" I ask.

"Is that why you keep looking at me?" He asks with a raised brow.

"Umhmm, Lydia also agreed. And oh, that new assistant manager, she was also looking at you. Wasn't she gorgeous?" I ask.

"I wouldn't know darling, you're the only gorgeous woman that I see." He says, turning around and typing something on his laptop. Good good, he doesn't have to see me blushing. "You're my date for the gala this weekend." He says.