8

Podracer

Once the storm died down we were finally allowed to walk around, my father walked into the repair shop when Padme stopped him. "Are you sure about this? Trusting a boy we hardly know. The queen will not approve." Padme stated and my father smiled, "The queen doesn't need to know." He responded walking into the store. "Well I don't approve." Padme said in a strop, folding her arms and sitting down. "My Fat- Qui-gon knows what he's doing." I corrected myself and Padme looked at me suspiciously. "What? He's like a father to me." I defended myself and she furrowed her eyebrows but, her expression went back to normal. 

My father negotiated with the creature and got him to agree to our terms. "Well?" I asked and he smiled, "We have got the deal, see if you can get any creatures and make them Allies." He said and I nodded, "Yes, Qui-gon." I responded, and my father found his way back to the Skywalker home.

I walked around, spotting a trader who's ship was spluttering. "Greetings." I stated, to my surprise  I began speaking Huttese without knowing. "What do you want?" The woman asked in a harsh tone. "To help you, I'm really good at fixing things, I can fix this, no cost but I may need a favor in the future." I explained and she thought for some time and then looked at me and smiled. "Okay." She answered, stepping away so I can look at the engine. "I see the problem, and this'll be a easy fix." I said and she looked at me. "I just need a wrench." I stated holding out a hand, she handed me the wrench and I fixed it. "There all done." I spoke giving her the wrench and walking off towards Ani's house.

I walked through the back where I sensed my father was and smiled, seeing the Podracer, get turned on. "It's working. It's working." I heard Anakin chant behind the wheel. I looked at Padme, who smiled, I walked over to her. "Do you still not approve?" I asked and she laughed, "Shut up." I looked at Jar Jar seeing he wasn't speaking a word. "You alright Jar Jar?" I questioned into which he shook his head. Darkness fell and we all walked inside. 

Me, My father and Ani sat on the balcony as my father took mine and Anakin's blood so that he could count our Midichlorians. "Stay still Ani. Let me clean this cut." My father said dabbing a piece of cotton on Anakins arm, where a nasty cut appeared. "There's so many, do they all have a system of planets?" Anakin asked looking up at the stars. "Most of them." I answered his question and he continued to look up in awe. "Has anyone been to all of them?" Anakin asked, this time my father answered, "Not likely." "I wanna be the first one to see em' all." He exclaimed and I chuckled. "Ani, bedtime." I heard Ani's mother call. "Ow." Anakin winced as my father took some of his blood. "There. Good as new." My father stated letting go of his arm. "Ani, I'm not going to tell you again." I heard his mothers stern tone. My father put the drop of Ani's blood on a blood reader machine. "What are you doing?" Anakin asked intrigued. "Checking your blood for any infections." My father lied. "Go on, you have a big day tomorrow." Anakin left leaving me and my father alone. 

"Obi-wan?" My father asked in the communication object. "Yes, master?" I heard Obi's reply. "I need an analysis, of this blood sample I'm sending to you." My father stated. "Wait a minute." He replied, in the background I heard computers beeping. "I need a midichlorian count." My father added putting a chip in the communication device so that the blood's information could get transferred over. "The midichlorian count is off the chart, over 20,000. Even Master Yoda doesn't have a midichlorian count that high." Obi retrived the information. "No Jedi has." My father concluded. "What does that mean?" I heard Obi ask. "I'm not sure, but I'm sending Y/n's over now." My father answered pricking me with a needle without warning. 

"It's the same, as the other sample." Obi stated down the device, shocked. "The last time I checked it was 10,000." I spoke and my father looked at me, trying to find out why my Midichlorians have doubled. "When did the force become stronger with you?" My father asked me and I shrugged my shoulders, "Maybe a few months ago, thats when my headaches started, but now I haven't had them for a couple of days." I said and he looked at me, "And you didn't alert the council?" My father asked and I shook my head. "That's exactly what we'll do when we get to Coruscant, for now get some sleep." My father said, kissing my forehead and walking off as he continued to talk to Obi. I walked into the house, into the room that Shimi showed me earlier. Inside Padme slept. I lay down on the bed beside hers, and shut my eyes, falling into a deep slumber. 

"Y/n." Someone was shaking me awake, I groaned rubbing my eyes and opening them to reveal the morning light. "Come on, we're going to be late." It was Padme. I stood up and walked out to the balcony stretching. "Hi." Anakin greeted and I smiled, "Hello." I return. I senced nervousness. "Is something troubling you?" I asked and he nodded. "I'm just nervous, your master put a bet down, he put the ship down as part of the bet." He informed and I nodded, "Look, Qui-gon, knows what he is doing. He believes in you, Anakin, I do too." I stated and he smiled. "Thank you." "Why thank me? I'm just being honest." I responded and his smile grew wider. 

"Y/n, Anakin, it's time to go." I heard Qui-gon call and I turned and walked back into the house, Anakin following behind. My father, Jar Jar and Padme trailed ahead to find the blue winged elephant creature who owned Ani while me, Ani, His mother and one of his freinds got on a creatures back and began taking us to the garages while pulling the podracer. I was holding onto Ani when I spotted my father had caught up with the creature, and talking with him. The creature came towards us in a fit.

"Better stop your friend's betting or I'll end up owning him too." He laughed, I saw my father approaching. "What did he mean by that?" Anakin questioned and my father looked at me then the boy. "I'll tell you later." My father answered. We got off the creatures, my feet hitting solid ground. "This is so wizard Ani, I think you'll do it this time." One of his friends commented and I looked at Padme with a confused expression. "Do what?" Padme asked the question we were both wondering. "Finish the race of course." The boy returned and Padme became shocked. "You've never won a race?" Padme interrogated Anakin and I subconsciously slapped my head. "Well, not exactly." Anakin responded and I looked at him, "Not even finished?" Padme continued to ask. "Kister's right. I will this time." Anakin stated and my father put his hands on his shoulder, "Of course you will."