Chapter 13

• Manik's P.O.V. •

I traced my hand beside me on the bedsheet searching for her presence. I groaned and pressed my face more into the pillow tiredly and yawned. Suddenly my happiness was snatched as the door burst open making me jump out of the bed.

" HAPPY BIRTHDAY BHAI! " I palmed my hears as Aryan and Mukti shouted. Running towards me they both giggled and forwarded a cake in front of me. I stared at it for a mere second and looked up to see their excited faces.

" What? Why the hell did you guys disturb my preicous sleep. " I asked angrily rubbing my face trying to see my surroundings more clearer. " Don't you know it's your birthday? " They asked me unbelievebly and I rolled my eyes in irritation.

" Ofcourse I know it's my birthday. But that doesn't mean you guys will disturb my precious sleep. Plus where the hell is my wife? " I spoke angrily when Mukti's face changed into a sad one hearing my last line.

" Bhabhi is doing preparation for you. And we were coming to wish you at 12 PM but Bhabhi stopped us as you were tired and sleeping. " I blushed hearing Aryan while he pouted. She cares for me so much and that's why I love her so much.

" Stop you're blushing bhai. And tell me what am I getting on youe birthday? " I heard Mukti's excited voice while Aryan's slurping. " That was my cake. " I threw a disgusted look at Aryan who ate like a mad man who hadn't eaten for years.

He shrugged when Mutki cupped my cheeks and forced me to look at her. " Tell me! " She asked as her eyes shined. " It's my birthday, and I give gifts. It should be you giving me gifts. " I tried to justify and she giggled.

" But you're elder right? So.. " She winked giggling as she palmed her mouth and I smiled seeing her happy. " Bhai even I want. As mukti said you're elder so. " He showed me his 32 teeth which were covered the chocolate.

" Right! I will give you. GHANTA! " I yelled making Mukti laugh and he made a sad face. " Now you guys get out of my room and tell my wife to get my breakfast. I am hungry. " I ordered them once again covering my blanket over myself.

" You are so boring bhai! " I heard Mukti's irriated voice as I heard their footsteps retreat when the door closed. I sighed hugging my pillow happily as I once again buried my face in it.

--------------

" Don't you think it should have been you to be the first one to wish me? " I asked her keeping my chin on her shoulder as she kneaded the dough. " I think being forever is better than giving fake promises or wishes. "

She replied and I smiled staring at her. " Nandini. " I spoke seducively as I moved my hands above hers and I heard her breath heavily. " Tonight, after my birthday party. Meet me on the terrace, I have something to tell you. "

I requesting kissing her cheek lightly as she met our eyes. Fuck! I swore in my mind. Her dark brown eyes make me feel like I am drowning. The way she has tied her bun and the few strands falling on her face.

I loved the way they moved when the wind flew by. Her parted lips as she breathed more heavily as I moved closer towards them. " I am so sorry. " My hand slipped from the slab hearing Aryan as we straightened ourself.

I cleared my throat and he smirked. " Ahem.. Sorry to disturb you're private moment. I...I will come later. " He nodded and left making me sigh in relief.

--------------

▪Evening at Malhotra Malhotra ▪

The guests were chattering as the soothing music played in the background. The mouth watering desert area was crowded with the children as the enjoyed being there. The dining was held in the garden which was filled with many people.

Numerous people were invited from different places while the only focus was on the birthday boy, Manik. He was standing beside his mother who was making him meet many woman who showed their well maintained bodies.

He felt suffocated being there when his eyes searched for her. " Manik meet Sofia. " His mother dragged him by his arm towards a blonde girl whose bosoms would burst out any moment from her dress.

" Hello Manik. " She bent in front of him giving him a perfect view of them and he smiled nervously. " Okay ladies and gentlemen may I have your attention please? " The attention was now turned towards Raj who was standing on the stage. Well, some of the attentiom was still lingering on Manik.

" Thank you for the attention. Now, it is time to cut the cake which is prepared by my beloved daughter-in-law for her lovely husband. So do we have the honor to have the couple on the stage? " He looked for them when Manik's hand found hers as he led her towards the stage.

The claps filled the hall with murmurings. " Why me? " She whispered in his ear giving a nervous smile to the people. " My wife. " He replied proudly making her blush.

With that the cake was cut and fed to the people. Some of the guests had already left who were in a hurry while the others moved towards the dining. All the time Riya and Mukti were busy with some work to break them apart.

--------------

Vote and Comment.

Thank you!