travelled all these miles just to get back home

Frank's POV
the phone only rang like 3 times before Gee picked up. "the fuck do you want at, jesus christ, 9am on a fucking saturday"
"come shopping with me"
"what for? get y/n to go with you"
"for a ring"
"a ring? wait so you were deadly serious about proposing??"
"yeah man" the line was silent for a bit.
"fine. gimme like half an hour and i'll meet you outside yours."
"cheers Gee". he just grunted in response before putting the phone down on me.

i know what you're thinking, Frank you've only just decided that you're gonna propose but fuck it. y/n is the one so i might as well do it now and waste absolutely no time in making him my fiancé and then my husband.

as soon as our phone call ended i leaped out of bed and straight over to my clothes drawers. fuck getting washed, i was too eager to leave. i grabbed some black joggers and an Architects Champion hoodie and threw them on. i decided to wear my red old skool vans too.

TIME SKIP

the bus ride into town was hell to say the least. i had this old woman sat next to me eyeing me up the whole time (i felt violated just saying guys) and then a bunch of kids got on and would not shut up. i was already nervous as it is i mean picking anything out for y/n is difficult let alone a god damn engagement ring! however much i loved him he was seriosuly a pain in the ass to buy for. he loves so many things and has a wide array of interests but his taste is so specific i don't know anyone else like it.

id been stood outside the jewellers for about 10 or so minuets now when i finally saw Gee rock up, dressed in all black as per usual. "fucking finally man" i threw my cigarette butt on the floor and stamped on it. "oh shut up big man" he said with a push. i may or may not have shoved him back. "so, you ready or what then?" Gerard asked.
"no but if i don't do this now then fuck knows when i will". we eagerly stepped foot into the jewellers, a small bell being rung when we opened the door. "hello!" the supposed owner called out. "what can i do for you two young men today".
"this one here" Gee said whilst shoving me forward "is looking for an engagement ring."
"well congratulations. who's the lucky girl then?"
i choked up slightly. "uh HIS name is y/n".
"i see, we'll follow me you two" the older man turned around and walked further into the shop and we both followed.

"now tell me a bit more about y/n. his likes, personality that sort of thing."
"you're gonna regret saying that" Gerard laughed.
"shut it G!!"
"well what's he like?" the man asked once more.
"he's great. ever since i first laid eyes on him i new he was special. not that i believe in a higher being or that sort of shit but if there is a god then he made y/n for me" i blushed and could feel the smile growing larger on my face. "he's shorter than me but you definitely do not wanna get on the wrong side of him. he loves the colours red and black and therefore anything spooky or to do with horro-" before i could finish my sentence the old man spoke up; "i have just the thing!" he quickly walked off into the back of the shop and before either of us could ask where he was going he'd reappeared and had a little black velvet box in his hands. he opened the box and i swear i almost wet my pants with excitement. my eyes were met with a silver band with a red gem right in the centre, with two bats either side of it. i was in love and i knew y/n would be too.

"that's perfect" i said under my breath