Chapter 41:Dark magic (4).

Zhia Xiang was brushing her silver hair as she stared at her own reflection in the mirror.

Victor said they will go have breakfast with the King and Queen this morning so he gave her time to prepare.

knock knock

❝Are you dressed? ❞Victor asked from the other side of the door.

❝Yes. ❞Zhia Xiang replied.

Victor entered their shared room and looked at her, nodding his head.

❝What's your new name? ❞ He asked.

❝Giselle. ❞Zhia Xiang replied with a lonely smile as she remembered the amazing woman she met before, the assassin, Giselle.

❝Alright, Giselle, we will act as a couple from today so I expect a perfect performance from you. I'll do most of the talking with my parents, just ignore them if they get too annoying. ❞Victor explained and fixed his tie.

❝Understood. ❞Zhia Xiang said standing up.

❝Let's go then, they are waiting for us. ❞Victor said offering his arm.

Zhia Xiang linked arms with him and they both walked together, looking like a silent, ice cold couple. His dark hair and royal blue eyes with her silver hair and yellow eyes made them look like the ice prince and princess.

The dinner hall fell silent when the two entered the room. The royal family looked baffled at their son and the stranger next to him.

❝Am I seeing this right? There is a woman next to Victor? ❞ The king asked rubbing his eyes.

❝There is and she's so beautiful. ❞The Queen replied looking at Zhia Xiang.

❝That is right, no need to cause a scene. This is my fiance, Giselle. ❞Victor said looking at Zhia Xiang who bowed politely.

❝It's an honor to meet the Queen and the King of the Sapphirus Kingdom. ❞Zhia Xiang said with a polite smile.

❝Brother? Since when you have a fiance? ❞ Philip asked.

❝For quite some time. ❞Victor replied walking to the table.

He pulled a chair for Zhia Xiang who tanked him and sat down.

❝You have a fiance?! ❞ The king asked, still shocked.

❝Giselle, am I right? You're so beautiful... how did this happen? Why did you hide this lady from us? How did you two met? Is she from a family I know? ❞The Queen begin to ask questions, shooting daggers at Victor.

❝Mother, take it slow or you'll give her a headache. Let's enjoy breakfast for now and questions later, alright?❞Victor asked looking at his parents.

❝Fine, but you'll have to answer after! You finally came with a woman, I can't let her run! ❞The Queen replied, smiling to Zhia Xiang who began to eat quietly.

❝Do you like horse riding? ❞Philip asked Zhia Xiang.

❝Philip... ❞The King said quite exasperated.

❝I do. ❞Zhia Xiang replied.

Philip's face lit up and he loudly gasped.

❝Son, manners. ❞The Queen scolded.

❝Mother! She said she likes horse riding! Have a race with me after breakfast, pleaseeee! ❞Philip asked, displaying a puppy face.

❝Alright. ❞Zhia Xiang replied.

❝Hooray! ❞Philip loudly said.

❝Philip! We are having breakfast now, stop shouting like that. ❞The Queen scolded again, looking embarrassed.