Chapter 10

Alex growled in frustration and slammed the glass of wine on the desk in front of him and pushed the files in front of him on the ground. He couldn't simply think about anything other than the brunette he had seen that morning. Her mesmerizing eyes were in front of his eyes whenever he was closing them. Her plush kissable rosy lips and how he wanted to taste them were the only things he could think of. The thought of her in that boy's arms was killing him painfully. It was odd how possessive and whipped he was feeling toward the girl he had just met a few hours ago. He was with a fair share of women in his life, but never before he had slightly felt like he was feeling toward Alison.

He sighed and ran his hand through his messy hair again. There was a knock on the door and a second later, Simon walked into the room without waiting for the answer. 

"I don't remember saying a fucking 'come in'," grunted Alex and watched Simon who walked toward his desk while waving a file in the air. He tossed it on Alex's desk and plumped himself on the bed.

"This is everything about Alison Harris." he said and leaned forward and grabbed Alex's glass and took a sip.

Alex eagerly opened the file. The first thing he saw was an image of Alison. Her curly hair had fallen around her freely and she had a small smile on her lips. He ran his thumb on her picture and listened to Simon as he reported.

"Her mother, Evangeline Harris, has recently married Albert King. So the King brothers are officially her brothers as well. The boy you saw her with today..." said Simon and Alex's head shot up at hearing the last sentence. Simon smirked. "You lucky bastard." said Simon and took a sip. "He is her best friend who is totally her family, nothing more. They are four friends and they are inseparable."

"You sure?" asked Alex and Simon nodded. Alex sighed in relief and leaned backward. "You said she is living with the Kings?" he asked now able to focus on other things.

"Yes, It's odd that they had not announced it." said Simon as he emptied the glass. Alex nodded thoughtfully. 

"Now what are you going to do?" asked Simon. "Going to use her against them?"

"No one is going to use her for anything," hissed Alex and glared at Simon. Anger flashed in his eyes and Simon raised his hands in surrender. "Of course I'm going to claim her. She is so innocent to be involved in mafia. Kings are idiots. She now will be in constant danger," he paused and clenched his fists and continued. "but no one is going to touch or hurt what is mine. I will protect her with everything."

"The Kings will not tolerate this. They will stop you. Prevent you from getting near her." warned Simon.

Alex smirked. "Let them try." he said. "We will see who will win at last."

****

Alison had stood in front of the window of her room, watching the utter darkness outside. Her heart was heavy but she had refused to cry. Her anger had given its place to sadness. Had she ever done something to give them that low impression about her? Why Xander was acting like that? Why did he hate her that much? 

Someone knocked at her door, but she didn't answer. She simply didn't have the energy to talk to someone. The door opened and Marisa walked in. Alison didn't turn or say a word. Marisa was there when Xander said those hurtful words so there was no need to pretend in front of her. 

"Alison dear." called Marisa softly. "How do you feel?"

"Fine." answered Alison simply.

Marisa looked at her back sadly and shook her head. She knew that Alison was lying, but she didn't press it anymore by questioning further. "Your father has asked your presence in his study." she said.