2.8

"oh, what the hell is this?" noah asked

"veggie burger," stiles informed.

"very healthy." sillie nodded, taking a bite of her cheeseburger. 

"guys, i asked for a hamburger," noah told them.

"well, veggie's healthier," stiles argued. "we're being healthy." he held up his salad.

sillie nodded again, stuffing her mouth with curly fries. "you two are being healthy. i, on the other hand, am not." she took a large and obvious drink of her soda.

noah opened another thing, groaning at the sight of celery and carrots. "oh, hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?"

"o, i'm trying to extend your life, ok?" stiles retorted. "could you just eat it please?"

"then why didn't sillie get this healthy bullshit?" noah complained.

"cause she's a twenty-three year old nurse," stiles deadpanned, leaving out the werewolf part. 

"and i'm a thirty-five year old sheriff."

sillie laughed. "thirty-five my ass."

noah gave her a look.

she shut up. 

"one, you're in your early fifties. two, just eat the damn food, dad. and tell us what you found."

"no, i'm not sharing confidential police work with a teenager, let alone my kid." noah shook his head. 

"what about a woman?" stiles asked, jerking his head toward sillie.

"i'm not saying anything about any case!"

stiles huffed, looking at the board behind noah. "is that it on the board behind you?"

sillie leaned back in her chair, reading everything she could before noah snapped his fingers at her.

"don't look at that."

"a'ight."

sillie made a face.

he leaned to look at the board better, sillie doing the same.

"hey!" noah exclaimed.

"just- it's just- i see- arrows pointing at pictures."

"ok, ok, stop. fine. i found something."

sillie and stiles shared a look.

"mechanic and the couple who were murdered," noah listed. "they all had something in common."

"all three?" stiles asked.

"yeah." noah nodded. "you know what i always say."

"one's an incident," sillie said the same time noah did. "two's coincidence."