Lost Little Girl

Prologue Part Four

Zero's POV

I wake up to the sound of my mother's scream. I get up right away and run to her. She's standing outside of Tessa's room.

"What is what's wrong?" I ask.

"What happened" Icera almost runs into the wall in his haste to get to our mother.

"She's gone."

"Who?"

"Tessa, she's gone."

"What's wrong?" my dad comes out of Nao's room.

I look into the room and my blood goes cold when I see Tessa's empty bed. The blankets are on the floor. It's not really surprising Tessa doesn't like being too hot.

"When I was heading to the kitchen the door was wide open and now she's gone."

I head out of the door and the snow is still falling and there are no footprints in the snow. That means Tessa left sometime in the night after the rest of us went to sleep. I head to my bedroom and get dressed as quickly as I can. Iglis comes out of her room looking confused.

"What's wrong?"

"Tessa is gone" I head to the door and grab my boots and that's when I see Tessa boots and jacket still by the door.

If those are still there that means Tessa left without putting them on.

"Zero let's go" My father comes out of his room and quickly puts on his boots. Icera is right behind him. My grandfather grabs his jacket and heads out the door yelling for Tessa.

This can't be happening right now. Tessa knows better than to go out during a storm. I know the cold doesn't bother her as much as the rest of us but she's not immune to it. If she's out there for too long she could freeze to death. My mother is beside herself and my grandmother is trying to calm her down. I go outside.

I look everywhere but I don't find her my grandfather, father and brother also find nothing and no one has seen her. The snow is still falling and I get the impression that it's not going to stop anytime soon. The wind picks up and we have to go back inside. Neige roars loudly mirroring the frustration I feel inside.

"We didn't find here she's not in the village" My dad look takes some hot tea from my grandmother.

"How far do you think she get?" Icera asked taking a drink of his own tea.

"It depends on when she left. I don't understand why she would leave in the middle of a storm no less" tears run down my mother's face.

My grandfather has a grave look on his face.

"Where could she have gone she can't have gotten that much of a head start on us" Icera gets to his feet and heads for the door.

"Icera no" My grandmother says.

"I can't just sit here."

"You can't go out there right now the snow is too thick. Going out there blindly won't help anyone" My dad stands up and looks at my grandfather "Father you are the chief of the village it's up to you."

My grandfather closes his eyes and lets out a deep breath.

"First of all we all need to calm down. As much as we want to we can't rush into a rescue. First of all we need to prepare because we don't know how long it will take to find her or how far she managed to get. We need food, water and fur's. Each of us will need extras in case we find her."