The Raid

Prologue Part Six

Isis. Who is that? The name echo's in my head over and over again. The growl I just heard I felt it go through me as if it were calling to a deep part of me, a part of me that is buried deep inside of me so deep that I am not myself when it comes forward. It sounds strange but that is the only explanation I can think of. But when everything went blank I felt like myself but at the same time I didn't. It just confused me even more; maybe grandfather will know what's happening to me and maybe he can help me understand it.

I feel wind on my face but the rest of me feel's hot. I open my eyes and I'm lying against someone. I look up and Zero is holding on to me. I'm covered in fur, so that's why I'm hot. I push the fur off of me. And I realize I don't remember getting on Neige or greeting him in anyway.

"Hey you ok?" Zero asks when he looks down at me.

"When did I get on Neige?"

"A few hours ago."

Ok now I'm really confused. Did I pass out or something? Neige starts heading to the ground and lands next to a large cave.

"What are we doing here?"

"We are going to take a small break so Neige can rest and we can eat."

Zero helps me down. I look around I feel like I've been here before.

"Tessa, come on."

I follow Zero inside. Now I know why I feel like I've been here before. Because I have, this is where Onyx brought me when he found me in the snow. I don't remember it being this hot though. Maybe it's because I've gotten so use to the cold.

"Hey are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine it's hot in here is all. I don't remember it being this hot when I was here before."

"Wait you were here before."

"Yes a dragon found me in the snow and brought me here."

"Then how did you end up in the Dragon's Nest?"

"Oh, a different dragon brought me there after finding me here."

"I see."

"What's wrong?"

"The Dragon's Nest is forbidden. You shouldn't have been there."

"They welcomed me when I got there, I was home. I've never seen so many dragons before. It was so pretty you should have seen it Zero. Dragons were flying all over, I think they were dancing."

"Dancing" Zeros looked shocked and then he looked at me with curiosity in his eyes.

I'm guessing people aren't allowed to see something like that. But if the Elder Dragon didn't want me there she would have made me leave and not allowed me to watch the dragons dance through the sky. The silver and blue dragons didn't have to let me stay in their nest or with them at all they could have turned me away or even brought me back home. But they didn't, they let me stay in a place only meant for dragons and where humans are not allowed to be.

I wonder why they let me see the dragon dance and let me stay with them. I get the feeling they wouldn't do that for just anyone one. Maybe it's because I'm only ten years old and being the scared and merciful creatures they are they decided to take care of me until it was time for me to go home.

But none of that explains why I felt so at home in the Ice Dragon Nest. I really wish I could go back right now. The silver dragon was so upset when I left I wonder if she is ok now. Zero and I eat and drink while Neige rest's and catches the food I toss him he seems happy to see me. After about an hour we head home and this time we don't stop until we get there.