Chapter 6

The evening passed quickly and around midnight we came back to our flats.
We walked in and Mrs Hudson was still awake, watching TV.
-Hey Mrs Hudson.- I waved at her.
-Hi dear. Did you find someone?- she asked and I heard Sherlock sighing. 
-Yeah, I danced with a man, but before I could ask his number he went away.- I said.
-That's a shame, dear, but y'know maybe one day you'll see him again.- she gave a smile.
-Maybe I will.- I said, yawning -I should go to sleep, goodnight Mrs Hudson.-
-Goodnight my dear. Goodnight boys.- she said.
-Goodnight Mrs Hudson.- the two men said in chorus, going upstairs and I followed them.
-I'll see you tomorrow morning.- I said, hugging John and Sherlock -Goodnight.- 
-Goodnight y/n.- they said as I stepped in my flat.
I took off my heels and the dress, then I put on an oversize t-shirt from one of my exes that I decided to keep.
"It's comfortable so why throw it away?" I thought, when we broke up.
I went to the bathroom and washed my face to remove the makeup.
Then I collapsed on the bed, falling asleep thinking about those deep brown eyes.
A few days passed and I hadn't found a job, but I was often with Sherlock and John at the crime scenes.
And I also met Molly Hooper.
She was a forensic pathologist who worked at St Bartholomew's Hospital and had a huge crush on Sherlock, but he didn't want to understand it.
We bonded almost immediately and I liked having a woman to talk to, that wasn't a complete asshole like Donovan.
Now Sherlock and John were trying to solve some riddles to avoid some bombs exploding in London, but they didn't want me to go with them.
-Why can't I go? I could help.- I said snorting as Molly was examining a dead body.
-They just don't want to put you in danger, I think.- she said. 
-I know, Molly, I know.- I said, sighing loudly -Anyway if I disturb you just tell me.-
-No, don't worry. I enjoy having someone around. There is usually dead silence here.- she said and we both laughed at her joke.
At that moment my phone rang.

Sherlock 🦦
We need you at Baker Street.
Now.
Mycroft sended you a car that is waiting outside of the hospital. 
Be quick.
S.H.

I read the messages and I was a little confused.
It sounded like a serious thing. 
-Molly, I have to go. Sherlock texted me and it sounded pretty important.- I said.
-Alright. I'll see you these days, right?- she asked. 
-Definitely. Bye Molly.- I said, smiling. 
-Bye y/n.- she said as I walked out.
I left the building and spotted the car.
I got in and Anthea was, like always, on her phone.
I didn't even try to talk to her, I just admired the view out of the car window.
I started to think what could be, but nothing came to my mind.
We reached Baker Street and I got out of the car. 
While I was going upstairs I started to hear some voices.
-Mrs Hudson, are you sure that no-one was here when the package arrived?- John asked.
-Yes, I'm sure. Someone rang the bell and left.- the woman answered. 
-Hey, is everything alright?- I asked as I walked in.
Sherlock, John, Mycroft, Greg and Mrs Hudson were there.
-Oh y/n, here you are.- the four men said.
-What's the problem? From the texts it sounds something serious.- I said.
-Someone left this package for you.- John said, pointing it with his gaze. 
A black elegant package with a red ribbon was on the table. 
-But no-one knows I'm here. I haven't told anyone apart from mum and dad.- I said, suspicious. 
-That's right. I already called them and they didn't send it.- Mycroft said. 
-Open it. It isn't a bomb, I already checked.- Sherlock said.
I carefully undid the ribbon and slowly opened the package. 
I took out the content of the box.
-It's...it's a coat?- Lestrade asked,  surprised. 
-A Westwood coat.- Sherlock specified. 
-It's the one I saw days ago, coming here.- I said gasping -I haven't told anyone apart from you two. Really.- I was shocked.
-We believe you, y/n. Don't worry.- John smiled. 
-There's a letter.- Mycroft said, pointing it with his umbrella.
I put the coat on the chair and took the letter.

"My dear y/n Holmes.
Such a beautiful name for a beautiful woman.
I was very disappointed that your brothers didn't tell me about you.
I would like to meet you, my dear. 
I hope you like my little present for you.
If the size isn't correct just leave it in the box outside of your door and I'll send someone to change it.

J.M."

I read it out loud and I was more confused than before.
-Who's J.M.? And how does he know about the coat?- I asked, panicking.
-Jim Moriarty.- Sherlock whispered -He is the one who putted those bombs around London. He's my enemy. My archenemy.- he explained.
-How does he knows about the coat?- 
-He probably have some cameras around.- 
-So you're telling me that some psychopath have camera that are spying on us?- 
-Yes. That's what I said.- he replied calmly.
My heart started beating faster, my breath was shaking and I couldn't think straight.
-Sherlock stop. She's panicking.- John said, making sit on the chair.
-Why is he interested in me?- I asked when I had calmed down a little.
-We don't know.- he said sincerely. 
-We won't let him hurt you.- Mycroft said, putting a hand on my shoulder.
At that moment my phone rang.
Unknown number.