⤷ 06| HEARTBREAK ANTHEM

chapter six : heartbreak anthem

☆ ☆ ☆

June blinked. And then again. "What?"

"I think I like Remus," Nymphadora repeated, seeming to get more nervous by the second. "And I don't know what to do. Please, tell me what to do, Junior."

"What makes you think I'm qualified to give you romantic advice?" June questioned, slightly panicking. She was bad at giving romantic advice.

"Because you have a boyfriend!"

"That doesn't make me an expert!" June exclaimed, going with a hand through her hair. "Well, have you tried asking him out?"

"Asking him out?" Nymphadora repeated, her voice raising a couple of octaves. "How do I do that?"

"I don't know, just walk up to him and ask if he wants to go out with you?" June suggested.

"I don't think I am brave enough to do that," Nymphadora said.

June leaned forward and grabbed Nymphadora's two shoulders. "You are Dora. We are Blacks for Merlin's sake! There is nothing we can't do! You capture Death Eaters on dialy basis but you're afraid to ask a man out? Come on, I raised you better than that!"

"Well, actually I raised you—"

"That's not the point!" June exclaimed, squeezing her shoulders. "If you never try, you'll never know, Dora."

"You're right, Junior," Nymphadora said, straightening her back and wearing a determined expression. "I'll go ask him right now."

"It's the middle of the night!" June hissed, pulling her back. "You'll wake him up!"

Nymphadora seemed relieved. "Right, tomorrow then."

A knock was heard on the door and June turned around to open it. She was met with a beaming Charlie.

"What—?"

"Dumbledore offered me a part time job at Hogwarts!" Charlie exclaimed, smiling. "I'll work with Hagrid and give classes about dragons!"

Both June and Nymphadora stared at him, dumbfounded. Their previous conversation completely forgotten.

"Congrats!" the former said, who shook the surprise off first. She beamed and pulled him down for a hug. "I'm so happy for you."

"I have to work parttime in Romania though," Charlie said, as he hugged her back. "They can't seem to find a substitute."

June pulled back, grinning. "That's because you're just that good."

"Don't go encouraging his ego, Junior," Nymphadora said, chuckling. "But good job, Charlie."

"Thanks, Tonks," Charlie said, still smiling. "Bloody hell, I can't believe I'm actually going to be a professor!"