Not Flustered?

I stare at myself in the bathroom mirror, my green eyes, freckled cheeks dusted with pink, blondish hair. I looked normal.

I look normal?

My jaw drops and I pull away from the counter. I rip the door open and run down the hallway into the living room, socks sliding on the floor. Sapnap and George look up at the wide smile on my face.

"Wh-" Sapnap starts.

"George! Sapnap, look at me!" I interrupt.

Sapnap raises an eyebrow. "Yeah?"

George blinks and smiles. "You look cute."

My heart speeds up. "Yeah. And George just barely kissed me like the drunk idiot that he is."

Sapnap looks taken aback, but before he can say anything I say, "And I was so embarrassed, and blushing like the flustered idiot that I am. That's why I left."

Sapnap shakes his head in confusion.

"But, I'm still... me." I finish, just catching my breath. "I didn't shrink."

Sapnap's eyes go wide in recognition. George laughs and stands up. They both attack me in a warm hug and I laugh happily.

"You mean, you're not cursed anymore?" George mutters into my shoulder.

I give a breathy chuckle, "yes."

Sapnap pulls away, but George clings to my chest, face shoved into my shirt.

I look down at him. "George?"

He looks up at me, our faces close.

He gives me a lopsided smile, proof he was still a little drunk. "You smell good."

I roll my eyes, but feel the blush on my cheeks. George has a little pink on his face as well.

"You're an idiot," I say, a little too fondly.

Sapnap clears his throat. "I'm going to bed," he announces. "Don't be messing around."

He walks off down the hall leaving George and I alone in the living room, embracing each other.

George walks backwards, with me in tow, and drags the both of us onto the couch, giggling. I collapse on top of him with an 'oof' and sink into the cushions. George has his arms wrapped around my back, my arms are now trapped under his shoulders and lower back. I don't even try to move away I just listen to the sound of George's even breaths blowing past my ear. My head is right next to his and I turn it to tuck by his neck and ear.

I whisper, "I think I just fell for you."

George's laugh reverberates through my body. He shifts so that we are laying face to face. I can feel his breath blow across my face. He stares into my eyes with a half smile stuck on his face.

"Is that true?" he whispers.

I subconsciously wet my lips, eyes tracing his perfect face. "Would I lie to you Georgie?" My hushed tone makes George's eyelashes flutter.

His hands move from my back to tuck between our chests. He traces my jawline with his cold fingers. It's electrifying.

His next words blow across my features. "Prove it."

I tilt my head forward and connect our lips. It's gentle at first, but as I pull away George pushes back, hands slipping to my neck. My hands pull his hips to mine, fingers catching at his belt loop. We move our lips in sync, not wanting the moment to ever end. All the kisses we shared before this, were just leading up to this moment, on the couch, slightly drunk, but fully in control.

I can't stop myself from craving more of him, more lips, more touching. I pull on his bottom lip with my teeth, and George comes back in, mouth open. I explore with my tongue, tasting the sweet frosting and bitter alcohol. My lips move from his and I start kissing at his face, across his cheeks, down his jawline and to his neck. I kiss gently as he breaths heavily hands pulling at my hair. I suck at his pale skin, wanting more, craving more.

George shoves at my shoulders and straddles my hips. I'm taken by surprise as he kisses at my lips again. Then he kisses my neck and I sharply inhale. My fingers wrap around his waist, and I slowly make my way up his shirt. The skin on skin contact sends shock waves through me. My brain short circuits as his lips trace across my skin, blowing hot breaths everywhere he touches.

My heart flutters in my chest when I feel his hands trace down my shoulders to grab at my biceps. His fingers run across my chest sending electric shock through my body until they hit the waistband of my pants. My breath catches in my throat and I sit up, pushing George to sit in front of me. 

He stares at me, wide eyed, breathing heavily, lips red. I can see at the hem of his shirt where I have already made marks.

"George," I mutter, watching as his eyes flick up to mine. "You're drunk. We... are a little drunk. Let's stop before we do something we might regret." 

George's eyebrows sink into confusion. "Regret?"

I nod. "Can we just... snuggle instead?"

He tilts his head. I grab his hand and drag him to my room. He follows me like a lost puppy, stumbling down the hallway, cold fingers holding onto my palm. I close the door behind us and pull down the covers of my bed, gesturing for George to climb in. He does carefully. 

I quickly change my pants into sweats as he climbs under the covers. I ask if he wants to change too. He nods his head and puts on a pair of my basketball shorts, not wanting to look for something in his suitcase. We both climb under the covers and George instantly snuggles into my chest. My heart flutters, and I'm sure George can hear my heart beating loudly. My face feels warm and I have a minor thought of panic before remembering that I was normal. 

I'm normal. For the first time in my life, I feel normal. I could do whatever I wanted and never have to feel terrified that someone would figure out my strange curse. But I wasn't cursed anymore. I was normal again. 

Best birthday ever!

Now all I had to figure out was what to tell George tomorrow. I guess that's tomorrow's problem. 

Thanks so much for reading! I really appreciate all the support I've gotten recently. You guys are the best really. There's only a few more chapters before the story is over. :0 So buckle up! Also, if you didn't know I've actually written another DNF story called "Famously Infamous". If you haven't read it you should totally check it out (Just keep in mind it's the first DNF story I've written). LOVE YOU!! :D

1127 words