Chapter 4

'The best gift'
Fluff, fluff, fluff!!!

Alec awoke curled up in Magnus' warm arms. He took a moment to breathe in his boyfriend, from his toasty body to his lemongrass scented hair. He trailed his hand down Magnus' torso, down to where his belly button should have been.

"Good morning, Alexander." The warlock said in a thick voice.

"Morning, Magnus." Alec replied.

The Shadowhunter glanced into the cat eyes he loved so much and leaned up to kiss his boyfriend. He had planned for just a quick peck, but Magnus held him in place and deepened the kiss. Not that Alec minded, of course.

"I love you, Alec." Magnus whispered.

"I love you too, Magnus." Alec said. After a moment's hesitation, he added. "I have a question..."

"Shoot!" Magnus said.

The warlock didn't have a clue as to what his Shadowhunter might want to ask him.

"I, um... Well, we've been through so much together... like the breakup and Edom and, um, what I didn't tell you, because I always assumed you knew, was that those were the worst days of my life. But I don't want to leave anything else to assumption. I love you, Magnus Bane and, um, will you... you know, marry me?" Alec said slowly.

+++

"Simon!" Isabelle called in her sleep.

"Isabelle..." Simon muttered back. He was sitting beside the bed, stroking her hair. He didn't know why he cared for her so much, he just did. A light knock on the door made him rise from his guard position. A short boy with dark, glossy curls and big brown eyes stood in the entryway. His skin was unnaturally pale and poreless and he wore a cross around his neck.

"Ahh, Daylighter. I thought I'd seen the last of you." The boy said in a thick Spanish accent.

"Raphael." Simon hissed.

"Why, hadn't you lost your memory, chico?" The vampire said.

"A vampire never forgets his supposedly dead sire. I felt the pain when Sebastian killed you. How come you're here on hallowed ground?"

"Supposedly dead? I was expecting a warmer welcome. Well I am not here. This is but a dream, chico, to make you remember."

"Why are you doing this?" Simon asked.

"I am your sire. As much as I may hate you, and I do hate you a lot, I am obligated to help you. Even when I am actually dead, not just undead."

And with that, the boy dissolved. Simon awoke with a cry. He was in an unfamiliar room, alone. He jumped out of bed and raced to the door. When he opened it, Isabelle had her fist raised to knock.

"Getting your vampire speed back?" She teased.

"Lord Montgomery is indeed feeling much better." He conceded.

Isabelle had frozen at the comment.

"Do you remember-"

"That night in Alicante? Yes, I do. I was dressed for success thanks to Maureen!" He finished for her.

The Lightwood girl started sobbing violently and threw herself into his arms.

"I knew- I always knew you w-would remember!" She said in his shirt.

"You were right, Izzy. I care about you. I always cared about you." He said.

That only bought up another round of hysterics from the girl.