Chapter 62 - Twenty Thousand as One

Outside of the main base, an army of 20,000 Qinghe Nie disciples had aligned into many rows. Their dark grey robes fluttered in the galloping winds, and the night sky loomed darkly.

These disciples all took upon their weapons; swords, spears, and knives.

It was as if the entire world was covered in black obsidian. Not even a speck of clouds could be seen, with how dark it was. Many disciples carried torches, lit with fire to light up the night. However, it wasn't nearly enough. The fire was scorching hot, but the darkness was an endless void of cold.

"Hey," at the front of the army was Wei Wuxian. "Do you really think that Luo-xiong will be able to unsheathe the Strongest Sword?"

Shen Qingqiu had long ago tucked his fan away. "It depends." His long eyelashes helped block the wind from getting into his eyes.

Xie Lian sighed. "I heard that Luo-xiong has demon blood; which is why he's so confident that he'll be able to unsheathe the sword. However, what exactly does demon blood have to do with this...?"

"Well," Shen Qingqiu sighed. "If a person drinks a demon's blood, then they are under the control of the demon. The demon can force them into pain and torture, then force them to undergo orders. Since we know that the Strongest Sword has a conscious... maybe Binghe can do something about it?"

At the side, Lan Zhan wore an expression that clearly stated, "Do swords have mouths?"

Shen Qingqiu coughed nervously.

"Anyways, even if he cannot unsheathe the Strongest Sword, we've already called for backup." The Peak Master explained. "Binghe wouldn't let anyone get hurt. He is a Demon Lord, and naturally, he also has own army of people."

"Luo-xiong has an army?" Xie Lian's eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

"An army of demons." Shen Qingqiu nodded, clearly proud to show off.

Hua Cheng huffed. He crossed his arms across his chest, "I have an army of ghosts."

"Yes yes." Xie Lian had to coax the Ghost King. "San Lang is so powerful!"

Hua Cheng went why.

He turned his head to the side, too ashamed to look at his lover. "Let's talk about something else." Hearing this had only widened Xie Lian's sweet smile.

Luo Binghe stood in front of everyone else. He just stared mesmerizingly at the Strongest Sword. He wondered, will I truly be able to unsheathe this sword? It's been almost a century since this sword was used... This sword chose Nu Wang only because she created it. Will it choose me too?

Remembering just how arrogant this sword spoke, Luo Binghe felt like there was only a slim chance of unsheathing it.

"Don't look so downhearted." Shen Qingqiu patted him on a shoulder. "You managed to wield the Xinmo sword. You too should be able to wield the Strongest Sword, aren't I right?"

Luo Binghe flinched. "Shizun is always right."

He stared at the Strongest Sword, with the blade looking as impeccable as an iron wall. Luo Binghe tightened his hold onto the hilt. He wouldn't let anyone down.

"What is our status right now?" Xie Lian spoke into the private communication array.

On the other side was Feng Xin. He'd perched on top of the walls, on the lookout for the enemies' actions. Feng Xin responded, "The enemies decided to send only five-thousand of their thirty-thousand ghost soldiers. They're at least a kilometre close." With his divine sense, he was able to feel all movements within a mile radius. Feng Xin felt the trembling of the earth, and the shrill screeches of the ghost soldiers, who were yearning for bloodshed.