006 , grieving girl

006. grieving girl.

LILAH HOFFMAN CLOSED THE FRONT DOOR with a disappointed sigh after her awkward, and surprising, interaction with Scott McCall. She was upset, to say the least, having believed she was going to see someone else at her door, rather than the McCall boy. Not that she was angry with his presence - she cared for the boy as if he were the brother she never had, while he offered his support during the grieving period of losing her sister. But he wasn't her.

After hearing voices, Max Bryant entered the room out of curiosity, his eyes glancing around, only to find the blonde girl leaned up against the door, her head stuffed deeply into the palms of her pale hands. "Li, you okay? Who was at the door?" He asked, his worry getting the best of him as he walked forward, placing a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder as she hesitantly lifted her head.

She shook her head dismissively. Similarly to Corinna, Lilah was not one to share her true feelings, in fear of being vulnerable. Years of invalidation from their parents had left them ruined and unable to truly open up. "Nothing, um, it was just Scott."

Max's brows furrowed, confused as to why his presence seemed to leave her so distraught. "Did he say something? You look upset, talk to me."

The blonde hesitated to reply. She wanted to tell the boy who held her heart in his hands, who clouded her mind in a way that left her dazed, the truth. But what she did was far beyond anyone's comprehension, even her own. She couldn't believe what she had done, but it was already over. There was nothing to do now. "No, he didn't - he didn't say anything. I just . . . it's one of those nights, y'know? I'm really missing Cori . . ." She confided, not exactly lying. She leaned her head against his chest as he ran his fingers through her messy locks.

The boy frowned. She had been grieving the loss of her sister more deeply the past few weeks, and he could tell it was starting to dwell on her heart and mind. "Okay, well, do you want Roe and I to go? You need some rest and I don't want to be a bother."

Lilah Hoffman stared at her lover fondly, confused as to how she could have gotten so lucky. She didn't deserve him. She didn't deserve anything, not after what she did. "I don't want to bore you guys with my upset mood, so if you want to, you can," she replied.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

She nodded before absentmindedly pecking his lips gently and watched as he walked away to get his little sister. When he returned, the young girl with red hair standing beside him, Lilah mustered up one last smile for her so she wouldn't suspect her sour mood. "Bye Roe, thanks for coming over," she said to the girl as she gave her a hug, memories of her sisters infecting her mind at the action.