c h a p t e r - 24

'Do you ever wonder who's mind you cross while they're laying down at night, or waking up in the morning or sitting in the middle of class?'

***

My eyes opened from a nightmare I wish to never see again.

I sat panickily and kept one hand on my chest to calm myself down.

I had tears on my cheeks and my heart drummed like crazy. I looked around for water only to find none.

Getting up from bed I started thinking if this is how I'll meet the ghost of the previous guest of this hotel room, who'll eventually die and come back again.

Wait what do I have to do again??

I totally forgot the purpose of getting up after thinking about my horror movie.

I heard a small scream only to see Blair standing in front of me with a terrified expression as if she had seen a ghost.

"For god's sake Annika, you don't use the flashlight to light up your face.....you look worse than a ghost," she said frustrated and huffed.

I smiled sheepishly at her comment turning the flash off and switching on the lights since both of us were awake.

I looked at my phone only to see it was around ten minutes past midnight.

"Why are you up?" I asked looking at her only to see her drinking water.

"Water....you too?" she asked at which I nodded. I thanked her as she offered me water.

"Nightmare again?" she asked looking at me after a moment of silence.

Both of us sat on the small balcony of the room looking at the stars. I nodded fidgeting with my fingers.

"It comes and goes Blair.....there's nothing to worry about," I said leaning on the wall behind me.

She also followed the same.

"It did stop after the day you fainted though?" she asked.

"Yeah, it did. Which is surprising." I replied and she smiled a tiniest of her smiles as if realizing something.

"How's the dorm discussion thing going?" she said looking at me with a questioning look since it had been days since I told her anything related to that.

"I don't know...I doubt that it was rejected but I really hope it isn't." I said frowning as I remember that mom didn't call me related to the dorm thing.

Both of them called me the other day saying that the date at which they need to leave has been shifted more sooner, so I need to finalize my decision.

And I told them that I wanna stay here. They reluctantly agreed and gave the school an application for my dorm room and all.

I did tell Alex about it while we were on the way here.

He got tense and worried about it but relaxed when I told him that I won't be going.

"You got together with Lucas..." I said with a mischievous look in my eyes....ready to take revenge for the times she had teased me.

"Yep..." she said slowly looking at me.

"Enemies to lovers," I said teasing as she didn't like that trait in books.

She rolled her eyes annoyed. "I did have some bad impression of these guys," she said with regret, maybe.

"The rumors got you," I said as I remember the horrible rumors even about the quietest students in the class.

"I don't know....like there are so many rumors about us since we are hanging out with them but still when you hear the same thing by so many people, you start believing them," she said.

"Like I didn't know that Alex would be that good in studies," she said chuckling.

"Agree, but the thing is that people have formed an illusion in mind that, I dunno maybe, that if he gets into fights and all so he may be dumb," I said shrugging.

"His father was like the topper of our school....now that I think about it, it makes sense why his son is pretty smart also he loves reading books," she said. I nodded yawning.

"Why are we talking about boys?" I asked almost sleepy.

"I have no idea but a few months we used to talk about our celebrity or fictional crushes and now we have actual boys," she said at which I nodded. "How's your brother doing?" she asked.

"He says he is having the time of his life....he loves it there," I said smiling as I recalled how excited he was on the call....talking at a speed at which I couldn't understand the words spoken.

"His birthday will be soon...I am planning to give him a surprise visit." I said.

"I'm in," she said jumping.

"I didn't even invite you," I said laughing at her betrayed expression as she hit me.

"I don't need an invitation...he's like my own bro," she said sticking out her tongue to make a funny face.

"Childish much," I said rolling my eyes playfully.

"I'm hungry," I said whining.

"Same," she said.

"Let's go eat something," I said.

"I highly doubt there is something to eat." she said.

I almost got up before getting cozy again on the place I was sitting.

"Alrighty, then let's sleep." I said yawning and getting up for going into the room.

"Good night." I said hearing her faint reply.

After daydreaming for a while, I finally fell asleep. Dreaming about the first time I saw Alex, in our class.

We only locked eyes for a second, a millisecond if that, the tiniest glance.

But with that look, I saw his beautiful grey eyes, like there was a huge storm brewing inside.

Brown specks floated around, with the slightest hint of blue. His eyes were cold like hed put up a wall.

But they dared someone to take a closer look, see that hes not a heartless being.

That he was a loving creature, kind and compassionate, someone, who would protect you no matter what.

He wanted someone to see his true nature, someone to be there for him as he were for them.

He wanted love, true fairytale love.

That tiny glance, The slight twitch of his eyebrows, that ghost of a smile, by just looking at his pretty eyes.

I knew.

I knew we were meant to be.

***

I swear the last lines didn't sound so cringy in my head. But I have been able to come up with neither ideas nor time.

So really sorry for the late upload and a pretty short chapter. I'll upload a new chapter today itself to make up for not uploading the whole week. And I swear it'll be better....I'll try my best.

Make sure to give this story a star and comment down if you liked it.

Thank you.

𝘝𝘰𝘵𝘦

𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦

𝘍𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸

𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘢

;)