forty-seven

Edlyn woke up and realised she was in Jake's embrace. She smiled and poked his nose. He groaned, "You have to stop touching my face secretly. You can just ask."

She giggled and buried her face into his chest, inhaling his body scent. "Pack your bags. We're going to Jeju."

Her eyes widened, "But...what about my classes?"

"Call in sick. I'll book the flight tickets," he got up and went to his laptop on the desk. She smiled and pecked his cheek before rushing to her room, taking out her luggage to pack her clothes.

Jake waited for her at the entrance door, wearing a white polo shirt with jeans and paired it with his expensive brown leather shoes. He had his expensive sunglasses on and glanced at his watch.

She walked out of her room in a feminine floral dress. She admired him up and down, her eyes dropped at his biceps. "Have you been working out?"

He smirked before helping her carry her bags, "Oh honey, I do it just for you." She blushed and her lips curved into a small smile.

He opened the car door for her and she got in. He sat in the driver's seat and sighed, "Put on your seatbelt."

She shook her head and grinned, "Put it on for me." He scoffed and leaned forward to put on the seatbelt for her. Their faces were close to each other so he gave her a quick peck on the lips.

He started the engine and drove off to the airport. She looked at his free hand that was on his lap and held it, caressing it gently.

"I never knew you were the clingy type," he chuckled. She smiled and looked away, "Bear with it. You're going to experience this for the rest of your life."

"I don't mind."

It took a few hours to arrive at the Jeju airport and then a few minutes to arrive at their hotel. Edlyn followed Jake from behind as he led her to the premium honeymoon suite.

It was a big room with a private pool and a view of the beach. She glanced at him excitedly before running and throwing herself on the bed. The rose petals on the bed flew and she breathed out, "This is nice."

He smiled and took off his shirt before going to the pool. Her eyes widened, "Yah! Are you crazy? You can't just take off your shirt like that!"

"What's wrong with it? It's not like you've never seen me naked."

He jumped into the pool, water splashing. "If you want to admire me being hot then come here," he said from outside. She fiddled with her fingers nervously and thought for a while, standing up and walking to the bathroom.

She stared at herself in the mirror and opened her luggage, searching for a bathing suit.

After a few minutes, she walked out and avoided his eye contact. She went into the pool and stood at the corner far away from him. He smirked and swam towards her. He was about to hug her but she pushed him away, "Do we like...hug each other now?"

"Yes, because we're married and in love," he answered blankly. "It feels strange because we used to fight a lot before," she said.

"Yes, because someone decided to get drunk," he said before swimming away. She glared at him and scoffed, "Oh so this is my fault now?"

"Well, I just followed you to the chapel."

"Yah! I'm not the one who drew smiley faces next to our signatures!"

Jake held Edlyn's hand tightly as he led her to the beach. She gasped in awe when she saw a table decorated with flowers and expensive plates on it. "You prepared this?" She asked. "Bucket list number one, have a candlelight dinner next to the beach," he smiled.

A waiter approached them and gave them menus. She turned pages to pages until a mint chocolate ice cream caught her attention. "Can I have this?" She asked Jake. He chuckled, "We'll have two mint choco ice creams first."

The waiter bowed before leaving them both. A group of musicians started playing a ballad song. "Do you like it?" He asked. She nodded, "I've never even imagined myself experiencing all of this."

The waiter came back and served them two mint chocolate ice creams. She thanked him before eating the dessert. She eyed Jake and watched him eat his dessert silently.

"Since when do you like mint choco? I thought you hated it," she asked confusedly. "Because you like it. So I might as well like it too. I forced myself to eat it, then I didn't even realise I'm already used to it."

"You don't have to be romantic all the time. It makes me surprised that you're a real person and not just a fictional character in a book."

"Love you," he said softly.

"Me too."